Bennett University offers BA Journalism and Mass Communication
The three-year BA Journalism and Mass Communication undergraduate course, offered by Bennett University, part of the Times of India Group is one of the best course you can aspire for. If you are a committed media buff, who would love to spin serious, research-based social reportage, also passionate about developing radio jingles and television commercials that inspires millions, then pursuing BA Journalism and Mass Communication from Bennett University is the best bet. By the time you complete the exhaustive course, you will transform yourself into an excellent digital story-tellin addition to gaining expertise in melding text, images and videos.
The University’s faculty has many years of experience in all forms of journalism (print, digital and visual). Bennett University’s skill-based, industry-relevant, and research-led program is all set to produce the next generation of media professionals. You can learn in a simulated environment how to deliver newspapers, create radio broadcasts, prepare television news bulletins, run public relations campaigns, make video films, set up blogs, and work on social media platforms. If you are game, then be ready to challenge and be challenged in new ways of thinking and expression.
The University offers first of its kind curriculum in the country, specifically designed in consultation with global media experts as well as Times Group editors. You will also be able to acquire skills through practical project work spread over six semesters. You might as well take up a theme-based graduation project under faculty guidance in Semester six. You will also be able to spend a considerable part of your time at the most modern television and radio studios developed in alliance with Times Now and Radio Mirchi.
You will also be able to learn to use Audacity, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, the modern software tools used in modern-day newspapers and periodicals. In addition to that, you can also take part in weekly discussions on the latest developments in media with faculty members and top editors, directors, and managers of The Times of India. Further, you can join field trips every semester to gather inputs and convert the data into news reports and bulletins. You can attend individual courses in life skills, organisational behaviour and entrepreneurial management in addition to the chance to do an internship with a media organisation for 6-8 weeks, organised b Times School of Media.
- Gaining skill-based media education, you will become ready to work across industries, government organisations, and media houses in roles involving print journalism, television, radio, digital content management, social media, advertising, public relations, event management, communication, film studies, and digital photography
- Journalism and Mass Communication brings together best practices in curriculum, pedagogy, and research
- Join the program and learn to question more as responsible media professionals
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 in any discipline passed in 2018/2019Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1998 (Date of Birth as recorded in the High School/Secondary Education Board/University Certificate only will be taken as authentic) are only eligible to apply for admission
- English is a compulsory subject in 10+2 Level. For further details, visit bennet.edu.in.