Bennett University offers BBA LLB Hons Program
Bennett University, part of the Times of India Group, is offering BBA LLB (Hons) Program for those who incline law and business. Bennett, University Law School, received recognition from the Bar Council of India in July 2017 to offer the streams of BBA LLB(Hons) and BA LLB (Hons) from 2017. The Integrated BBA LLB program offered by the School of Law at Bennett as based on the regulations of the Bar Council of India will lead to a professional Law degree with seamless integration of Business Administration as the first degree.
However, the opening degree will not be awarded separately, and one has to complete the integrated course for the combined degrees. The first degree under the integrated program has 20 non-law papers. The first degree covers the significant domains of business education including the Management Theory, Business Analytics, Business Communication, Critical Thinking, Business Accounting and other business subjects. The Law courses beginning right from the first semester covers 20 compulsory papers, four clinic papers, six optional papers and eight papers of specialisation.
Curriculum for Bennett University BBA LLB Hons Program
The curriculum of the Law papers at Bennett is designed to incorporate emerging areas of Artificial Intelligence and Law, Entertainment Law, Advanced Intellectual Property Law, Internet Law and Governance, Privacy Law and other laws. What’s more, the BBA LLB (Hons) program helps the students to become accomplished professionals understanding the interface of Business and Law and build capacity, which is in short in such space.
The University has forayed into an academic partnership with the Cornell Law School for an intensive exchange of best practices, mutual visit of professors and also a scheme for an immersion program at Cornell for Bennett students. The law school formalises further student exchange programs in Europe, the US, Canada, China, Japan and Singapore in the coming semesters allowing a global exposure for the students.
Duration and Degree
- The period of the program is five years
- Each academic year comprises two semesters, i.e. fall (July-Dec) and spring (Jan-June)
- A student upon successful completion of degree requirements as laid down in the Rules of the Program is eligible for the award of BBA LLB (Hons) degree.
- 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 in any discipline. Appeared /qualified in CLAT or LSAT with validity up to July 2019
- For Indian candidates, in the tuition fees for five years, at the rate of Rs.3 lakh a year, taking the total to Rs.15 lakh
- Hostel fees including boarding, lodging and laundry for each year Rs.1.5 lakh for five years and that makes the total to Rs.7.50 lakh
- . Living expenses such as security deposit (Refundable) Rs.20, 000 and Registration fee (one time only) Rs.40, 000.
For NRI/International students
- The tuition fee is at the rate of $7,000 each year for five years taking the total $35,000
- Hostel fees including boarding, lodging and laundry are $2,500 each year for five years, totalling $12,500; Security deposit (refundable) Rs.20,000 and Registration Fee (One time only) $800.
- An additional mandatory sports fees of Rs.12,000 each semester for Day Scholars
- Fees for year two onwards is indicative and may be revised by the management with prior notice
- The fees do not include any charges for additional certifications, modules, immersions, training, industrial visits etc. which shall be charged to students as and when such activities are planned
- For details, visit bennett.edu.in