BITS Pilani Dubai Campus offers First Degree, Higher Degree and Doctoral Programs
The Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences (BITS Pilani), Dubai Campus offers First Degree, Higher Degree and Doctoral Programmes The medium of instruction is English for all the programmes in the University. Admission is based entirely on the Candidate’s merit, facilities available and availability of seats in the discipline preferred.
Following Integrated First Degree Programs (Bachelors Degree programs) are available at BITS Pilani, Dubai Campus with the option of Practice School or Thesis/Seminars with a normal duration of four years:
- E. Chemical Engineering
- E. Civil Engineering
- E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- E. Mechanical Engineering
- E. Computer Science
- E. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- E. Biotechnology
- E. Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Higher Degree Programs are uniquely designed and structured for Engineers who are employed professionals or in the pursuit of seeking employment and want to continue their education and upgrade to the next level.
Following Higher Degree Programmes (Masters Degree Programmes) of 2 years duration are available :
- E. Design Engineering
- E. Electrical (with specialisation in Power Electronics and Drives)
- E. Microelectronics
- E. Software Systems
- Applications are also invited to the Doctoral Programmes (PhD) in Engineering and Allied Disciplines.
- BITS Pilani, Dubai Campus has stringent eligibility criteria for admission into all programs
- Admission to BITS Pilani, Dubai Campus is based on the merit of the candidate
- For First Degree admission the benefit is determined by the overall aggregate marks of the candidate in the Qualifying Examination (12th Grade or equivalent)
- For Higher Degree admission, apart from the analysis in the qualifying examination (B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent), the candidate’s performance in the admission interview is also considered.
A candidate seeking admission to a particular programme has to meet the eligibility criteria for that programme as follows:
Eligibility criteria for admission to Integrated First Degree Programs
For admission to any of the first degree programmes, Candidates must have passed the requisite Qualifying Examination, which is the General Secondary Education Certificate Examination of Ministry of Education, UAE or Senior School Certificate Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE-12th grade), New Delhi, India, or its equivalent from any recognized State, National or International board with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. (Please refer Equivalency Table given on the right panel for equivalences. If your high school board is not found in the equivalency table, clarification can be sought from the Admissions Office).
The candidates must have obtained a minimum 60% overall aggregate* of marks in the qualifying examination and must have a minimum total of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects with at least 50% marks in each subject. However, for admission to B.E. Biotechnology, Candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Biology will also be accepted with a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects with at least 50% marks in each subject.
If a Candidate has secured less than 50% marks in any one of these subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology but meets the aggregate criteria mentioned above, he/she may be considered for provisional admission. The admission will be confirmed only upon the successful completion of a remedial course in that subject with a minimum grade of ‘C’, offered by the institute preferably before the commencement of the first semester. If instead of marks any letter grades or GPA are awarded (or any other system of evaluation), their equivalences in marks will be decided by the Admissions Committee.
English is the medium of instruction. Therefore good proficiency in English is essential for admission. Candidates who have completed their qualifying examination from Non-English medium must have secured a minimum TOEFL Score of 500 in paper based test or 61 in internet based test or have an IELTS Score of 5 or above. If necessary, they will also be assessed by a campus committee for English comprehension.
*Overall Aggregate:: Aggregate is the total marks of all subjects in the Qualifying Examination, considered essential by the Board / University for passing the examination. The Aggregate must compulsorily contain the required subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology. The position in the merit list will be based mainly only on this aggregate
Note: Admission is based on the Grade 12 marks (or its equivalent), and there is no separate Admission Test for Dubai Campus. Please go through Admission Bulletin carefully for all details on the Admission Process.
Eligibility Criteria for Admissions to Higher Degree Programs
- A minimum aggregate of 60% in the qualifying degree as indicated below for each program
- E. Design: B.E. / B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
- E. Electrical: B.E. / B.Tech. in EEE, E&I or ECE or its equivalent
- E. Microelectronics: B.E. / B.Tech. in EEE/E&I/ECE/CS or M.Sc. Physics or its equivalent
- E. Software Systems: B.E. / B.Tech. /M.Sc./M.C.A or equivalent
- B.A. Programmes: B.E. / B.Tech. / Masters Degree in any discipline or its equivalent
Candidates who meet the above criteria will be required to appear and successfully clear the Aptitude test / Interview to qualify for admission.
Eligibility criteria for admissions to Doctoral Programs (PhD)
- E. / M.S. / M.B.A. / M.Phil. of BITS Pilani or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate
- Eligible Candidates will be required to take a written test and interview. The admission will be based on the performance in the qualifying degree, experience, test and interview. For further details, visit hits-pilan.ac.in/Dubai