BITS Pilani offers eleven month PG Program in Internet of Things
BITS Pilani – The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is offering an eleven-month postgraduate program in the Internet of Things. An Inter-disciplinary program for the working professionals, the course helps them gain expertise in the building blocks of IoT – hardware, software, application systems and data.
What is more, the program uses a blend of lectures and experiential learning tools in order to offer expertise in ideation, design, development as well as the deployment of IoT applications and systems. Admissions for the program are currently open and the last date to apply for the same is April 8, 2019.
- 11-month comprehensive Post Graduate programme covering software, hardware, application systems, big data, and their interplay in IoT systems
- Hands-on experiential learning through remote labs that provide access to leading IoT platforms such as ARM Cortex-based STM32, Raspberry Pi & Arduino
- Extensive digital content including expert lecture videos, and engaging digital learning material
- A 6-week Capstone project where you will design, build and implement a prototype IoT system, under the mentorship of BITS Pilani instructors
- Interact with BITS Pilani instructors through online live lectures, responsive Q&A support and discussion forums
- Two Campus Immersion Modules of 2-days each during which participants will visit the Hyderabad/ Goa Campus of BITS during the programme.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will become members of an elite and global community of BITS Pilani Alumni.
- Minimum eligibility to apply: Working professionals holding BE/ B.Tech. or equivalent in Comp. Sci./ Info. Sys./ Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation or related domains.
- The programme is designed for engineers who wish to transition to IoT career opportunities in sectors such as IT, Automotive, Manufacturing, Energy, Telecom and Logistics
- Engineers currently working in organisations that either provide IoT products and services or design and implement IoT solutions for transforming their own business should also consider applying to this programme.
- Course 1: IoT Technology & Applications
- Course 2: Communication & Networking Technologies in IoT
- Course 3: Hardware Architectures for IoT
- Course 4: Sensors, Actuators, & Signal Processing
- Course 5: Software & Programming in IoT
- Course 6: Data Management in IoT
- Course 7: Capstone Project.
BITS Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. The primary motive of BITS is to “train young men and women able and eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information”. The Institute is a dream come true of its founder late Mr G.D.Birla – an eminent industrialist, a participant in the Indian freedom struggle and a close associate of the Father of Indian Nation late Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi). What started in the early 1900s as a small school, blossomed into a set of colleges for higher education, ranging from the Humanities to Engineering until 1964 when all these colleges amalgamated to culminate into a unique Indian University of International standing. This university was christened as the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, known to many as BITS, Pilani.
Over the years, BITS has provided the highest quality technical education to students from all over India admitted on the basis of merit. Its graduates may be found throughout the world in all areas of engineering, science and commerce. BITS symbolizes the maturing of Indian technical ability and “can-do” entrepreneurial spirit, especially as derived from the private sector. BITS is located in the Vidya Vihar campus adjacent to the town of Pilani in Rajasthan. For further details, visit bits-pilani-wilp.ac.in.