BPSC releases Admit Card for Assistant Engineer Civil Mains Examination
BPSC releases Admit Card – The Admit Card for the Assistant Engineer Civil Main (Written) Examination 2019 (Advertisement dated February 2017) was yesterday released by the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC). The Admit Card is available for download at the official websites of the Commission, bpsc.bih.nic.in or onlinebpsc.bih.gov.in. As per the HT report, the examination will be held from March 27-31, 2019. After clearing the main examination, the candidates will have to go through the document verification round, noted the report.
Steps to download Admit Card
- Go to the official website, bpsc.bih.nic.in or onlinebpsc.bih.gov.in
- On the home page, key in your user name and password
- The Admit Card will appear
- Download and take its print out for future reference
- Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has also commenced its registration for the post of assistant engineers in civil and electrical streams
- The building construction department is hiring 33 electrical assistant engineers and 31 civil engineers
- The water resource department of Bihar will recruit 83 assistant civil engineers
The Commission came into existence from April 1,l 1949 after its separation from the Commission for the States of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh, in accordance with subsection (1) of section 261 of the Government of India Act, 1935, as adapted. Its constitutional status was pronounced with the promulgation of Constitution of India on January 26, 1950. It is a Constitutional Body under Article 315 of the Constitution of India.
The Commission initially started functioning for the State of Bihar with its headquarters at Ranchi. The State Government decided to shift the headquarters of the Commission from Ranchi to Patna and it was finally shifted to Patna on March 1, 1951.
- Recruitment by the conduct of Competitive Examinations/ through interviews to the services of the State Government
- Advising the State Government on the suitability of officers on appointment on promotion as well as transfer from one service to the other
- Advising the State Government on the matters related to recruitment to various services and posts, framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules
- Advising the State Government in all disciplinary cases relating to different civil services
- Advising the State Government in the matter of grant of extraordinary pension, reimbursement of legal expenses, etc
- Advising the State Government on any matter referred to the Commission by the Governor of Bihar.
Recruitment is made in two ways:-
Direct recruitment is made mainly by way of conducting the competitive examination in which the selection is done on the basis of either of the following procedures:
- Main (Written) Examination and Interview of the successful candidates of the Preliminary Test prescribed under rules
- Written Examination and Interview
- Promotion is granted to civil servants through the Departmental Promotion Committee (under the chairmanship of the Commission) constituted for the same and in accordance with the rules framed by the State Government