Career as an Architect
“The Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) is a bachelor’s degree designed to satisfy the academic requirement of practising architecture”.
- The boom in the construction and designing fields made career options in the area of architecture as very lucrative and has also increased the number of job opportunities. They are required in various government and private organisations.
- To enrol in a course in the architecture colleges, a candidate should have passed his 10+2 Examination with Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects with at least 50% marks.
- Candidates who have 10+3 year Diploma in any stream can also apply for B.Arch programme.
- Candidates have to pass JEE Main, NATA to get admission in B Arch course.
- Some private universities also conduct their entrance test for admission in B.Arch such as BITSAT & SRMEEE, etc.
Top B.Arch Colleges in India:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
National Institute of Technology or NITs“ The Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) is a bachelor’s degree designed to satisfy the academic requirement of practising architecture”.
- The boom in the construction and designing fields
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi
- Government College of Architecture, Lucknow
- Government Engineering College, Trichur (School of Architecture)
- Government College of Architecture & Sculpture, Mamallapuram
Work is available in the sectors of construction, urban planning, urban development corporations, public works departments, interior designing, etc. Architects have lots of job opportunities in architect firms, universities, consultancy companies, etc. Architectural graduates have ample scope in the foreign market also especially in USA Canada and Australia.
An architect’s job covers building and designing houses, corporate structures, schools, hospitals, hotels, stadiums shopping complexes etc., in fact, an architect is required to plan cities too. Bridge construction also comes under their field of expertise.
.Government Organizations offer jobs like working in the archaeological departments, National building organisations, Defence Ministry, Railways, Housing and Rural Development corporations ( HUDCO) Public works departments ( PWD).
Architects are also hired by big builders, State Departments, Consultants, Local Bodies for construction works, Architectural Firms, etc. After completing graduation, one can go for higher studies in architecture and take up teaching as a career.
Private practice as an architect is also a very lucrative option, which can result in you becoming the owner of a big construction company. As an Architectural Consultant, you can work in different construction companies, and under great architects benefitting from their expertise and guidance.
Various job profiles are
- Data Analyst
- Architecture Designer
- Architecture Engineer
- Interior designer
- Landscape designer
- Architecture Draftsman
Top Recruiters in this field are such big names as
- Manchanda Associates
- Architect Consultants
- Sahara Group etc