Career options for BTech Biotechnology graduates
BTech Biotechnology – Biotechnology stream is fast picking up and Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Biotechnology is one of the most sought after courses. As per NDTV report, B.Tech in Biotechnology is all about using various concepts of Biology for modifying the biological systems, cell structures and the biological processes so that they can be used in Engineering and Technology related applications, in order to develop the sector of healthcare, pharmaceuticals, food processing and agriculture, in addition to solving issues that props up in these sectors.
There are humongous opportunities for students who are opting for Biotechnology stream. If the candidates are keen on being updated with the career options after the pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology, here are few options:
- As a Biotech B.Tech graduate, the candidates have the option of applying for in many of the Government Research Institutes such as Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), National Brain Research Centre and National Institute of Oceanography. In these institutes, the candidates can take up the job of a Research Scientist.
Lecturer of Biology
- After B.Tech in Biotech, the candidates can also apply for lecturer post in various Government Institutions.
- If the candidates wish to take up the lectureship in the government Institutes, then they should have an excellent knowledge of Genetics and Molecular Biology
- The aspiring job seekers from B.Tech Biotechnology stream, they might as well clear a few government examinations by the different government to be recruited to the various government posts.
Private Sector Jobs
- After completing B.Tech Biotechnology the candidates can apply for jobs in various pharmaceutical companies
- Some of the firms in the private sector which hire BTech Biotechnology engineers are as follows: Dabur, Hindustan lever, Cipla, Rossari Biotech India Pvt. Ltd and Hindustan antibiotics. In these pharma companies, you can get appointed as- Marketing Manager, Quality Control officer, Production in-charge and more
- After B.Tech in Biotech, the candidates can also look for job opportunities in the Information Technology sector as well
- The candidates can also pursue a software course before applying for jobs in this field
- The aspiring candidates can work as a software developer or a web developer in the firm
- The candidates can also get appointed as bio-technologists in the marketing divisions to develop business in sectors where their products would be required
- As a biotechnologist, they can take up jobs in Hindustan Lever, Hindustan Antibiotics, Thapar Group, Indo American Hybrid Seeds, Benson India Ltd.and IDPL.
Listed below are few other career options fields available after B.Tech in biotech, are as listed below:
- Drug and pharmaceutical research
- Food processing
- Bio-processing industries
- Public funded
- Laboratories Chemicals
- Environment control
- Waste management