FORE School of Management – Admissions for PGDM 2019-21
FORE School of Management – The Foundation for Organisational Research and Education (FORE) School of Management, New Delhi, one of the highly ranked management institutes has announced its admission criteria for PGDM 2019-21 batch. Deadline to apply for admission at FORE is December 20, 2018. FORE will accept scores of CAT 2018, XAT 2019 and GMAT (Taken between January 1, 2017, and 20th January 2019).
The school offers two-year full-time PGDM; PGDM (IB) and PGDM (FM) programmes as well as doctoral programmes in Management. One of the essential USPs of the school is that it is committed to the advancement of Management Education, Research, Training and Consultancy. The candidates need to apply for admission by using and filling up the online common application form for all the three PGDM programmes by midnight on December 20, 2018. The application fee at FORE is Rs.1947 for one programme, Rs.2950 for two programmes and Rs.3894 for three programmes. This application fee is inclusive of GST amount and is to be paid online.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- The candidate should be registered for CAT 2018/XAT 2019 or GMAT (Taken between Jan 1, 2017, and January 20, 2019) and must score well to become eligible for admission.
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence to determine PGDM admission eligibility would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor’s degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by FORE School of Management Delhi by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the Admission eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for FORE Admission 2019-21.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by FORE School of Management and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor’s degree examination latest by October 1, 2019.
FORE New Delhi Admission Criteria 2019-21 is a two-step process involving the Shortlisting criteria based on entrance exam score and the Final admission selection Criteria based on other essential components apart from entrance exam score:
- The first part of FORE Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round.
The School will shortlist the candidates by following parameters:
- The School will consider aggregate scores and not sectional scores of the applicants in the acceptable entrance exams for shortlisting
- FORE will short-list the candidates in February 2019 for the final selection round based on their best available test scores in CAT/XAT/GMAT.
- Applicants may submit more than one entrance test score. FORE will consider the best test score for shortlisting.
Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- Post-short-listing by available scores, applicants will be called for the final selection round (PI Round)
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to go through the final selection round by FORE to be held in February-March 2019
- Final selection is based on CAT/XAT percentile/ GMAT Score, Academic Performance, Work Experience, General and Business Awareness, Written Ability, Extempore and performance in Personal Interview (PI)
- Final admission offer based on the above parameters will be given to the candidates in April 2019.
The final selection criteria weights for Admission 2019-21
In the components of CAT/XAT/GMAT score, the percentage of weightage is 35%, Academic Performance 15%, Work Experience 10%, General and Business Awareness 5%, Written Ability Test 10%, Extempore 5% and Personal Interview 20%. To encourage diversity, a special weightage of 5% over and above 100% is offered to students from the northeastern states, J&K and South India (Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Puducherry). With 40% of faculty members and 32% of students being female, the School emphasises gender diversity. Rightly so, under the diversity criteria, weightage will also be given to female candidates in 2019-21 batch onwards.
Admission Cut Off
The Admission Cut Off 2019 will be based on aggregate percentile score although candidates should also score well across the sections of the entrance examination. The cut-offs for 2018-20 batch is as follows, while the cut of for 2019-21 might vary:
In the program, PGDM the CAT 2018 cut off is 85, in XAT 2019 cut off is 85 and GMAT (January 1, 2017, to January 20, 2018, cut off is 650, PGDM (International Business) it is 78, 80 and 600 respectively, in PGDM (Financial Management) it is 75, 75 and 600.
- The School admits students with a proven calibre to perform
- The admission process to the PGDM programmes facilitates through a rigorous selection process which requires highly competitive CAT/XAT/GMAT scores, performances in a personal interview and other criteria
- The students are handpicked by the experienced faculty to ensure that the students perform remarkably well in academics during their two-year stint at FORE and later go on to achieve great success professionally.
Following steps are included in the FORE Admission process:
- Step 1: Register and apply for at least one of the entrance exams – CAT 2018 till September 26; XAT 2019 till November 30; GMAT (Taken between Jan 1, 2017, and Jan 20, 2019)
- Step 2: The candidate should apply online by using the standard application form.
- The application fee of Rs.1947 for one programme, Rs.2950 for two programmes, and Rs.3894 for three programmes can be paid online.
- This application fee is inclusive of GST amount
- Step 3: Complete the FORE application form. In the ‘Application Form, the candidate must provide educational qualifications, contact details, and at least one of the following IDs: ID for CAT-2018 OR ID for XAT-2019 OR ID for GMAT. More than one test IDs can be submitted.
- The applicant is required to fill the IDs of the test scores he/she wishes to submit.
- Step 4: Candidates are short-listed for Personal Interview (PI) round from among the eligible candidates who have a valid entrance exam score and have applied to the programme of FORE School of Management. The Personal Interview process will be conducted in February/March 2019 and will be common for all the PGDM Programmes at FORE.
- Step 5: After the PI round, admission offers are made by FORE to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in the entrance exam, performance in PI round, academics, Work Experience among others
- Step 6: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in April 2019 by Final Score arrived after awarding the weight scores on all the components.
Programme Fee for PGDM
For PGDM program the fee is Rs.14.98 lakh, PGDM (International Business) Rs.14.98 lakh and for PGDM (Financial Management) Rs.14.98 lakh. For the intake of 2019-21, the School has sanctioned intake of 360 students, and the wise program intake is as follows: PGDM 180, PGDM (International Business) 120 and PGDM (Financial Management) 60.
FORE School of Management has logged consistently high job placements over the years. FORE School of Management Delhi has bettered its record in getting more top placement packages in Placement 2018, where 106 recruiters visited the campus making more offers to 279 students. The average salary in placement 2018 increased up to at Rs.10.40 lakh as against Rs.9.4 lakh last year. The highest payroll in the job placement 2018 stood at Rs.21 lakh as against Rs.18 lakh in 2017. A comparative analysis of previous 3 years Placement trends at FORE reflects that the average salary in Placement 2018 over 2017 has increased much higher than from 2016: in 2018 the average placement package stood at Rs.10.4 lakh, while the highest salary was Rs.21 lakh, in 2017, it was Rs.9.4 lakh and Rs.18 lakh, and in 2016, it was Rs.9 lakh and Rs.21 lakh.
Top Recruiters in Placement 2018
The top recruiters include Deloitte US, EYGDS, Accenture Technology, Amazon, Darashaw, Hilti India Pvt Limited, ICICI Bank, ITC Ltd, Verity Knowledge Solutions, Federal Bank, Dell, Spandana Sphoorty Financial Limited, Vikram Solar, HCL Technologies, Bacardi, Crisil, Ebizon Netinfo Pvt. Ltd, Right Management, KPMG GS, Cognizant Technology, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Decathlon, Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd, Capgemini, Deloitte India, Cians Analytics, Tata Motors, British Telecom, Bharti Airtel, Citi Corp, Coffee Day Beverages, Secure Now, ICICI Securities, Wipro Technologies, Euromonitor International, HDFC Life, Relaxo Footwear, Franke Faber India Pvt. Ltd, Philips Lighting India Pvt. Ltd, Hindustan Unilever Limited, Daimler Financial Services, Asian Paints, Nestle, Explorars, Tata Capital, NIVEA, United Biscuits, Piramal Fund Management, Big Basket, Siemens Financial Services, Piaggio Vehicles Pvt. Ltd, Canara HSBC Life Insurance, Novartis, Explorars and more.
Image source: FORE website