Forest Research Institute (FRI) M.Sc Admissions 2019 Begins
Forest Research Institute (FRI) M.Sc Admissions 2019 Begins – The Forest Research Institute (FRI), Dehradun has announced admission to the M.Sc courses, as per a TOI report. FRI is offering M.Sc admissions in Forestry, Wood Science & Technology, Environment Management and Cellulose & Paper Technology. There are a total of A 134 seats to be filled for the M.Sc admissions.
All the interested and eligible candidates can apply for the various courses before April 8, 2019. Candidates can avail the application forms from FRI official website- fri.icfre.gov.in. The candidates are advised to fill the application forms before the last date i.e., March 29, 2019.
- All the candidates with Bachelor’s degree in the concerned field can fill up the application forms for the M.Sc courses.
The admission test to the various M.Sc programs will be held on May 19, 2019. The exam will be conducted at various centres in Dehradun, Jabalpur, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Delhi, Lucknow, Jodhpur, Shimla, Ranchi, Coimbatore and Jorhat. Admit card for the examination will be released in the fourth week of April.
FRI will form a merit list which will include a waiting list for each course on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the written test. The first counselling for M.Sc admissions in FRI will be held on July 5, 2019. The second counselling will be held on July 8, 2019.
Established in 1906, the Forest Research Institute, Dehra Dun, is one of the oldest institutions of its kind and acclaimed the world over. The Institute’s history is virtually synonymous with the evolution and development of scientific forestry, not only in India but over the entire Indian sub-continent.
Set in a lush green estate spread over 450 hectares, with the outer Himalaya forming its backdrop, the Institute’s main building is an impressive edifice, marrying Greco-Roman and Colonial styles of architecture, with a plinth area of 2.5 equipped laboratories, library, herbarium, arboreta, printing press and experimental field areas for conducting forestry research, quite in keeping with the best of its kind anywhere in the world.
The main thrust area of current research is to develop technologies for:
- Enhancement of forest Productivity
- Improvement of planting Stock
- Rehabilitation of Wastelands
- Efficient utilisation of wood and non-wood forest products
- Development of eco-friendly products and processes
- Conservation of biodiversity
- Production, Certification and supply of Quality seeds of fuel, fodder and timber species
- Social Forestry/ Agroforestry
- Conservation and eco-restoration of ecologically fragile and disturbed areas
- The utilisation of non-conventional wood and weeds for the manufacture of forest products
- Development of technology for reclamation of wastelands
- Planting stock improvement programme of different species
- Geological, geomorphological and micro-morphological studies on skeletal and sodic soils
- Reclamation and ecological monitoring of mine areas
- Development of technology for eco-friendly preservative
- Forestry Education and Policy Research to meet emerging challenges.
Interested candidates can visit the official website – http://fridu.edu.in/ for information about the course.