GATE 2019 Syllabus-Computer Science and Information Technology
About GATE 2019 – To offer admission into M.Tech/M.Sc in engineering/ technology/ architecture and P.hD, in relevant branches of science, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level examination, and it is conducted. GATE 2019 Mock Tests have been released. It has to be mentioned that, GATE 2019 is managed by the IIT.
Of the GATE 2019 subjects, two categories have been divided into each. Of the question paper, overall, in regards to the core subjects, the corresponding sections (of the syllabus given below) will contain 90% of their questions and the remaining 10% on Special Topics.
Syllabus for Gate 2019
Discrete Mathematics: Counting, recurrence relations, generating functions.
Propositional and first-order logic. Sets, relations, functions, partial orders and lattices. Groups. Graphs: connectivity, matching, colouring. Combinatorics:
Linear Algebra: Determinants, the system of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors Matrices, LU decomposition.
Calculus: Maxima and minima. Mean value theorem, Limits, continuity and differentiability. Integration.
Probability: Random variables; Conditional probability and Bayes theorem; Uniform, rational, exponential, Poisson and binomial distributions. Mean, median, mode and standard deviation.
Number representations and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point); Boolean algebra; Combinational and sequential circuits. Minimisation
Computer Organization and Architecture
Machine instructions and addressing modes; I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode); ALU, data‐path and control unit. Instruction pipelining; Memory hierarchy: cache, main memory and secondary storage
Programming and Data Structures
- Programming in C
- Linked lists
- Binary search trees
- Binary Heap
- Asymptotic worst-case time and space complexity
- Algorithm design techniques: greedy, dynamic programming and divide‐and‐conquer; Graph search, minimum spanning trees, shortest paths.
Theory of Computation
Context-free grammars and push-down automata. Regular and context-free languages, pumping lemma; Regular expressions and finite automata; Turing machines and undecidability;
Parsing, syntax-directed translation; Runtime environments; Lexical analysis Intermediate code generation;
Deadlock, CPU scheduling; Memory management and virtual memory; File systems; Processes, threads, inter‐process communication, concurrency and synchronisation;
Integrity constraints, standard forms.; File organisation, indexing (e.g., B and B+ trees); ER‐model. Relational model: relational algebra, tuple calculus, SQL. Transactions and concurrency control;
Application layer protocols (DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP). The Basics of Wi-Fi. Network security: authentication, basics of a public key and private key cryptography, digital signatures and certificates, firewalls; IPv4/IPv6, routers and routing algorithms (distance vector, link state); Concept of layering. LAN technologies (Ethernet); Flow and error control techniques, switching. TCP/UDP and sockets, congestion control;
Exam Pattern for GATE 2019
|Exam Pattern for GATE 2019|
|Section||Question No||No of Questions||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|6 to 10||5||2||10|
|Technical & Engineering||1 to 25||25||1||25|
|Mathematics||26 to 55||30||2||60|
Total Questions: 65
Total Marks: 100
Total Duration : 3 hours
Technical Section: 70 marks
General Aptitude: 15 marks
Engineering Mathematics: 15 marks
25 marks to 40 marks will be allotted to Numerical Answer Type Questions
Some of the reference books for Chemical Engineering – GATE 2019
- Introduction to Algorithms by Cormen
- The Design & Analysis of Computer Algorithms by Aho, Hopcroft, Ullman
- Computer Organization and Architecture by Hamacher, Vranesic, Zaky
- Operating System Concepts by Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne
- Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles by William StallingsImage source: Alexandru Acea
Other GATE 2019 Syllabus and Information
- Overview on GATE 2019
- GATE mandatory for engineering students from 2019-20
- GATE 2019: Correction window to change exam city to close on November 16, 2018
- GATE 2019 for International Students
- GATE 2019 – Electronics and Communication added in the Syllabus
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus of Aerospace Engineering