Homeopathy as a career
Homoeopathy is also a branch of medicine. It is a traditional form of medicine from Germany, and it boasts of its medications not having any side effect and comparatively safer than allopathic medicine.
Since it is a branch of medicine, the government is also keen on promoting it as alternative medicine. The admission therefore to a course in Homeopathy is through the various Pre Medical Entrance Exams held by the medical council of India at both state and central level. Those people who cannot compete in the MBBS category get into the BHMS course. They are employed as residents in hospitals and go through proper training.
There are particular departments of Homeopathy in government t hospitals and health centres.
- Just as MBBS candidate is required to do their MD MS so are homoeopaths needed to their post-graduation. An MD in Homeopathy is a three-year course and the colleges offering it are mentioned below
- Yerala Homeopathic Medical college and Research centre Mumbai
- Venutai Yashwantrao Chauhan Homeopathic medical college Vengurla
- Vasundhara Raje Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Gwalior
- Swami Vivekananda Homoeopathic Medical College, Bhavnagar
- Armed Force Medical College, Pune
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- Nehru Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital New Delhi
- National Institute of Homeopathy Kolkata
- Homeopathy Arc, Indore
- Backson Homeopathy medical college and hospital Noida
- Shri Sairam Homeopathy Medical College and Research centre Chennai
- Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College Belgaon Karnataka
And many more
A BHMS or a homoeopathic can get jobs in government, as well as Private hospitals starting salary being Rs 10000 to Rs15000 per There, are jobs in public sector and private sector and also with clinics, charitable institutions, NGOs, research institutes as researchers, medical colleges and training institutes as teachers etc. Moreover one can start his/her clinic for private practice.
Dr Christian Samuel Hahnemann, a German doctor, developed homoeopathy and called it a system of medicine, involving treatment of individuals with highly diluted substances. The main reason why Homeopathy has gained popularity is that it lets the body’s immune system or natural system of healing work on itself. It is based upon specific symptoms, that a doctor matches the most appropriate medicine to each patient.
There are certain speciality pharmacies, which prepares homoeopathic medicines through a careful process of dilution and succession (a specific form of vigorous shaking). As per the laboratory experiments, it has been proved that homoeopathically prepared substances cause biological effects.