ICAI starts the online application process for CPT June 2019 examination
CPT June 2019 examination – The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) has commenced the online application process for CPT examination which will be held in June 2019, NDTV reported. Students who wish to appear for CPT June 2019 examination can visit the official ICAI website and register, icai.org. Registering on the website will create a login and students can then proceed with the application process. Students who have created a login on the website after November 2016 do not need to register again.
- Online filling of CPT Examination Form is April 4, 2019 (10:00 A.M. IST)
- Last date and time for Login Creation/New User Registration: May 2, 2019, up to 5:30 P.M. (IST)
- Last date and time for submitting the form and making payment without Late Fee through already created Login: April 24, 2019, up to 23:59 P.M. (IST)
- Last date and time for filling the form and making payment with Late Fee through already created Login: May 2, 2019, up to 23:59 P.M. (IST)
- Last date for receipt of print out of online examination form duly filled up (PDF): May 6, 2019
- Date of CPT Examination: June 16, 2019 (Sunday)
- Hosting of Correction Window -I [(without fee) will be available for one week from the date of hosting]: First Week of May 2019 (for one week)
- Hosting of Correction Window -II [(with fee) will be available up to June 7, 2019]: Fourth Week of May 2019 to June 7, 2019
- Likely date of declaration of the result (icaiexam.icai.org): Around mid-July 2019
ICAI is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament, Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No.XXXVIII of 1949) for regulating the profession of Chartered Accountancy in the country. The Institute, functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. The ICAI is the second largest professional body of Chartered Accountants in the world, with a strong tradition of service to the Indian economy in public interest.
The affairs of the ICAI are managed by a Council in accordance with the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988. The Council constitutes of 40 members of whom 32 are elected by the Chartered Accountants and remaining 8 are nominated by the Central Government generally representing the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, Securities and Exchange Board of India, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Finance and other stakeholders.
Over a period of time the ICAI has achieved recognition as a premier accounting body not only in the country but also globally, for maintaining highest standards in technical, ethical areas and for sustaining stringent examination and education standards. Since 1949, the profession has grown leaps and bounds in terms of members and student base.
- Regulate the profession of Accountant
- Education and Examination of Chartered Accountancy Course
- Continuing Professional Education of Members
- Conducting Post Qualification Courses
- Formulation of Accounting Standards
- Prescription of Standard Auditing Procedures
- Laying down the Ethical Standards
- Monitoring Quality through Peer Review
- Ensuring Standards of the performance of Members
- Exercise Disciplinary Jurisdiction
- Financial Reporting Review
- Input on Policy matters to Government