IIM Ahmedabad leads as top Business School in India as per FT Business School Ranking 2018
IIM Ahmedabad – As per the Financial Times Asia Pacific Business School Ranking 2018, the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad) is leading along with other Indian B-schools have secured three slots in top 25 positions across the Asia Pacific region, according to an IE report. Though, neighbouring China is still at a top slot in the B-school sector in Asia with eleven institutes finding a place in the top 25 list including the top position, noted the report. China only secured the slot of top B-school in Asia region with Shanghai Jiao Tong University: Antai but has also got maximum number of entries in the top 25 B-school lists with 11 Chinese B-schools on the list. The Shanghai institution, according to FT Ranking, was the only Asian school in this top tier regarding MBA ranking, said the report.
The IIM Bangalore has dropped two positions from last year and has got the 8th slot in Asia Pacific region this year followed by the IIM Calcutta at the 13th spot, a rise of one position from last year. The only private institute from the country, the Indian School of Business (ISB) has also fallen one rank down to secure 17th position this year, said the report. The two-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) by the IIM Calcutta was ranked third in the region followed by IIM Bangalore at fourth rank, the report added.
FT Ranking top 10 B-schools in Asia
|#1||Shanghai Jiao Tong University: Antai, China|
|#3||National University of Singapore Busines School, Singapore|
|#4||Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India|
|#5||HKUST Business School, China|
|#6||Singapore Management University: Lee Kong Chian|
|#7||Nanyang Business School, NTU, Singapore|
|#9||University of Hong Kong, China|
|#10||Tongji University School of Economics and Management, China|
The two-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) by the IIM Calcutta was ranked third in the region followed by IIM Bangalore at fourth rank.
IIMA has been consistently ranked as the premier management school in the country by several national agencies. IIMA programmes are also ranked highly in several international rankings. In 2008, IIMA became the first management school in the country to be awarded EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) accreditation by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development).
Kumar Mangalam Birla, the Chairman of IIM Ahmedabad in his message on the official website said, “IIM Ahmedabad is among the best business schools in India and globally as well. I believe that at the core of IIM Ahmedabad’s success are certain underlying principles that ensure its continuing pole position. Let me list a few that are on top of the radar:
- Leveraging the intellectual and emotional bandwidth resident here in the faculty and student community, essential to spawn tomorrow’s global leaders today
- Ensuring an unshakable commitment to foster a diverse and inclusive community of learners, driven by values and energised by the meritocracy that marks our institute
- Sustaining an open and transparent culture that stokes curiosity at every turn, encourages collaboration and gets the best out of every student
- Preparing students for the complex world that they will face when they leave the portals of this vaunted institute leveraging our close linkages with industry, the Government and of course the academia
- A complex world where they will have to take a position, express opinion, shape it and lead to make it a better place
- Building a responsive and powerful community of alumni in India and abroad who are global names to reckon with and are engaged meaningfully with the institute
Today, we see churn and unrest all around the world. Against this troubled backdrop, there is undoubtedly new hope rising in India. In the current slow growth world, India’s economy is a beacon of hope. We are embarked on a fresh round of liberalisation – one that will take our economy to higher peaks. IIMA’s underlying tenets position it supremely well to help ride this wave.”