IIT JEE Advanced Examination 2019 -2,24,000 Students To Appear
IIT JEE Advanced Examination 2019 – A bit of good news awaits the students desirous of taking the JEE Advanced 2019. The restrictions on the age limit for the aspirants to the IIT-JEE have been removed by order of the Supreme Court of India. The preliminary roster for the JEE Advanced 2019 examination has been released by the IIT Roorkee, an estimated 2,24,000 students will have the privilege to be shortlisted on the basis of their rank in the JEE Main 2019 and shortlisting will be for the JEE Advanced or the IIT JEE examination 2019.
The application process would start after the final results and the Ranks for the JEE Main 2019 have been declared. Students will be informed about the cut off of the JEE Advanced Examination when the ranks of the JEE Main 2019 are declared. The tentative date for the announcement of the rank of the JEE Main 2019 has been given by the National Testing Agency Circular April 30, 2019. It has been decided that the JEE Advanced 2019 examination will be conducted by IIT Roorkee and will start on May 19, 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced 2019
- Age limit – Previously the age limit for the students to apply for the examination used to be limited to age 25 years but now according to the ruling of the Supreme Court this rule has been abolished and there will be no age limit for the exams.
- Candidates who have written the 2018 board exam of their State or the CBSE or any other equivalent examination or who would be appearing in the board exams to be held in 2019 can apply but their selection will depend on their having passed the said examinations.
- Candidates who have appeared in the JEE Advanced examination of the previous year cannot apply.
- Candidates who have appeared in JEE Advanced 2017 or before are not eligible to apply
- Also, candidates who have appeared in their board examination in 2018 or would be appearing in 2019 are eligible to apply
- Criteria numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5 are applicable to students of foreign lands
Synopsis IIT JEE Advanced Examination 2019
- Online Registration begins from 1st week of May 2019
- Online registration closes in 1st week of May 2019
- Last date of payment of fees by the registered candidates the 1st week of May 2019
- Admit card will be issued in 2nd week of May 2019
- JEE Advanced Examination begins on 19 May 2019
- copy of the responses given by the candidate in the examination will be sent to the candidate in the 2nd week of May 2019
- Online display of answer key last week of May 2019
- Queries and questions and feedback of the candidates regarding their answer papers will be entertained till the last week of May.
- Results will be declared in the 1st week of June 20
This exam is held for the candidates who have already qualified for the JEE Main 2019 exam for admission to Bachelor, Integrated Master’s, Dual Degree program offered by the various Indian Institutes of Technology ( IITs).