IIT Madras Opens Name Correction Window
IIT Madras – An engineering graduate’s life can be quite pressuring, and those who have the idea of taking up a Gate exam can quite feel the steam at its fullest. Such pressure can lead to the tiniest of mishaps that might be a product of ignorance otherwise, one such being a misspelt name in the GATE 2019 entrance application.
If you have made such an unintentional error, do not get the panic to get to you. We have some good news. The IIT chamber has opened up the GATE 2019 name correction window to help you change and rectify the mistake in your name card. The Window for the name change has been opened on February 14, 2019, and will remain open until February 17, 2019.
The IIT chamber has made the process of the name change friendly enough to help accommodate the necessary amendments at an efficient rate.
Candidates looking to change their names in their GATE2019 application are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. under the subject “Name Correction” followed by the candidate’s allotted “Enrollment number”.
The mail content is to have the candidate’s allotted Enrollment ID, Registration Number, the present name that has been deemed incorrect or false, and the correct name to be amended to, along with a soft copy attachment of a name proof that has been attested legitimate by the government of India. Government attested certificates such as Aadhar card, Degree Certificate, Examination Mark Sheets or an Eligibility Certificate would be considered as a collateral proof for the process.
It is also worth noting that the GATE 2019 was held for a period of 4 days between February 2, 2019 to February 10, 2019, by IIT Madras, the official organizer for higher education competitive Exams. The exam was conducted in 8 shifts.
Recently, IIT Madras has put up to answer questions raised by the GATE 2019 candidates on its official website. Responses to shifts 1,2,3 and 4 of GATE2019 can be found on their official website – ppsgate.iitm.ac.in and gate.iitm.ac.in
About GATE Exam
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a computer-based examination designed to primarily tests the comprehensive and logical understanding of the aspirants in the undergraduate subjects concerning with engineering and science. The GATE exams are conducted year on year with by the Indian Institute of Science along with seven of the IIT centres in the country – Roorkee, Delhi, Guwathi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai and Mumbai on behalf of the Government of India. Last year, the GATE examination was conducted in IIT Guwathi campus while the exams for the year 2019 have been based at IIT Madras.
Other GATE 2019 Syllabus and Information
- Overview on GATE 2019
- GATE mandatory for engineering students from 2019-20
- GATE 2019: Correction window to change exam city to close on November 16, 2018
- GATE 2019 for International Students
- GATE 2019 – Electronics and Communication added in the Syllabus (EC)
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus of Aerospace Engineering (AE)
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus for Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT)
- GATE 2019 –Syllabus for Civil Engineering (CE)
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus for Chemical Engineering (CE)
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus for Chemistry
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus for Electrical Engineering (EE)
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus for Electronics and Communications (EC)
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus for Agricultural Engineering (AE)
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus for Biotechnology
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus for Petroleum Engineering (PE)
- GATE 2019 examination schedule released by IIT Madras
- GATE 2019 –Syllabus for Instrumentation Engineering IE
- GATE 2019 – Syllabus for Physics PH
- GATE 2019 Admit Card Released by IIT Madras
- GATE 2019 Syllabus for Fluid Mechanics
- GATE 2019 Syllabus for Mathematics
- GATE 2019 –Syllabus for Metallurgical Engineering ME
- GATE 2019 Syllabus for Mining Engineering (MN)
- IIT Madras Release Candidate Response for GATE 2019
- GATE 2019 –Syllabus for Polymer Science and Engineering (XE-F)
- GATE 2019 Syllabus for Solid Mechanics
- GATE 2019 Syllabus for Botany
- GATE 2019 Syllabus for Biochemistry