IIT Tirupati invites applications to PhD Program for January 2019 Semester
IIT Tirupati -The Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati has invited applications for admission to the PhD Program starting in January 2019 Semester in various research areas:
- Civil Engineering – Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Resources Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering: Communication (Wireless), Microelectronics/Instrumentation
- Mechanical Engineering: Fluid Mechanics & Heat Transfer, Turbo-machines & Thermal Engineering
- Mathematics: Probability & Statistics, Numerical Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics and Fractals
Humanities and Social Sciences:
- English: Cultural Studies, Film Studies, Comparative Literature and other related areas
- Economics: Development Economics, Comparative Political Economy, Development Studies and other related areas
Philosophy: Social and Political Philosophy
- Releasing date for advertisement September 30, 2018 (Sunday)
- Opening date for online application September 30, 2018, Sunday)
- Closing date for online application October 21, 2018 (Sunday)
- Written test/Interview CE+MA+CSE
- Engineering, Sciences and Humanities Written Test November 10, 2018, and Interview on November 11, 2018, EE+ME+HSS written test November 17, 2018 interview November 18, 2018
- The announcement of results next day of the meeting
- Joining date of candidate January 2, 2019 (Wednesday)
Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati is the first among the third phase of IITs, announced in 2014, to have its foundation stone laid in March 2015. It started functioning with the support of its mentoring institute, IIT Madras from the academic year of 2015-16. The educational program was launched in August 2015 by admitting students in the B.Tech programme in the fields of Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
The curriculum has an emphasis on theoretical knowledge and practice-oriented laboratories. Courses are planned to nurture innovation, creativity, quality, teamwork, communication skills, ethics and societal interaction. MS and PhD programmes will be started from the academic year 2017-18.
- Presently, IIT Tirupati is operating from the temporary campus on Tirupati – Renigunta Road and also the transit campus at Yerpedu
- The transit campus was formally inaugurated by the Director Prof. K.N Satyanarayana on August 6, 2018, and the orientation program for first-year students was organised on August 7, 2018
- Two boys hostels are now operational for first-year students, and the third hostel is almost ready for occupation by senior students, while 120 and 60 seater classrooms are also ready for conducting classes for the first year students
- With these arrangements, transit campus operations have started in August 2018.
- Tech program in Chemical Engineering and M.Tech programs in Mechanical, Electrical and Computer Science disciplines have been launched from August 2018.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh is nurturing Tirupati as knowledge hub of the State. The new IISER Tirupati permanent campus is to come up about
- 3 Kms from IIT Tirupati campus
- Many established Institutions such as Sri Venkateswara University, Sri Venkateswara Medical College, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS), Sri Padmavathi Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Sanskrit University etc. are located in Tirupati
- An upcoming integrated business city “ Sri City” nearby and the Satish Dhawan Space Center (SHAR) in Sriharikota being close by, gives it a technical edge
- Tirupati town being one of an important cites in Andhra Pradesh with its Airport and proximity to Chennai and Bangalore gives it excellent connectivity.