IITTM offers two year MBA in Tourism and Travel Management
IITTM – The Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM) degree, Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh is offering a two-year Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Tourism and Travel Management. The MBA Program incorporates both subject-specific and generic business modules. This course has been designed to reflect industry practices and academic developments. Each of its existing courses touches upon tourism as a business activity – the organisation, dimensions, social significance and impact of tourism are studied. With entry profiles ranging from beginners to advanced levels, its programs are tailor-made to meet the present need of the tourism industry. Learners are supported at every stage of learning and career development.
There are 600 seats available in all the courses at various centres of IITTM located at Gwalior, Bhubaneswar, Noida and Nellore. Reservation for Indian nationals will be applicable as per Union Government guideline, i.e., 7.5% for ST, 15% for SC and 27% for OBC candidates. In all available seats, 3% horizontal reservation will also be applicable for physically disabled candidates, for admission to MBA (Tourism and Travel Management) 2018-20. Physically disabled candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The candidates, who belong to SC/ST/OBC/PwD category, must produce the valid category certificate issued by the competent authority. The OBC candidates have to produce a non-creamy layer certificate as per Union Government regulations and issued by the competent authority within the last three years.
The candidates seeking admission to MBA (TTM) programme shall not be more than 25 years of age as on July 1, 2018. (Age relaxation of five years will be applicable to SC/ST/PwD candidates).
- Candidates seeking admission to MBA (TTM) programme are required to possess a bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 pattern) in any discipline of a recognised University / Institute or equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/PH)
- Candidates appearing in final year examination of graduation are also eligible to apply, subject until he/she must submit their result of graduation with the requisite percentage of marks by October 31, 2018, failing which their admission will be cancelled and course fee deposited in the institute will also be forfeited. (In this regards, the student must submit an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10)
Group Discussion and Personal Interview:
- Short-listed candidates will be required to appear for GD and PI at any one of the IITTM centres, which they have to mark in the admission form:
- IITTM Bhubaneswar
- IITTM Gwalior
- IITTM Nellore
- IITTM Noida
Note: Candidates must carry all the original documents for verification before being allowed for the GD and PI
The top recruiters from IITTM include Make My Trip, Cox and Kings, Thomas Cook, Le Passage to India, Tui.in, The Ritz-Carlton, Kuoni, Yatra.com, Holiday Inn, IRCTC, Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, Kerala Holiday Mart, Banyan, Marriott, Balmer Lawrie Travel and Vacations, Palace on Wheels, Indian Horizons Indian Travel Agency; Ginger, Adventure Travel, Jet Airways, Teen Eco-Action and Adventure, Adventure Tours India, Happy Tour and Raj Villas Jaipur.
Mode of Application
- The candidate will have to apply Online by visiting the official site, iittm.cn1.formsdotstar.com
- A candidate to be considered for admission in MBA (TTM) 2018-20 would have to participate in all the three components of the screening process, as mentioned below
- If any case the candidate does not appear in one of the components of the screening process will not include in the merit list
- The admission in MBA would be strictly on the basis of overall performance of written test +GD+PI, as explained follows: Score Card CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT/GMAT/XAT/GMAT/ATMA 70%
- Group Discussion 15%
- Personal Interview 15%
- Inter-se-merit will be determined on the basis of above out of maximum 100 marks, by moderating the score of the written test into 70% of marks of total marks obtained by the candidate, as practised by the Institute
- In case of two or more candidates have scored equal marks, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be determined based on higher score and thereafter older in age
- In case the candidate fails to establish their eligibility by October 31, 2018, the admission would be cancelled and fees will be forfeited
- Students of IITTM can avail of government scholarships offered by various agencies to students of different categories
- The Central Govt. as well as State Governments is providing the scholarship (refund of tuition fee) to the students belongs to OBC, SC, ST, PH and minorities
- On an average, approximately 150 students are availing benefits from these scholarships in every academic session
Candidates can visit the official website to get more details – http://www.iittm.ac.in/