IMU CET 2019 entrance exam to be held on June 1 registration begins
IMU CET 2019 – The online registration of the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET 2019) began today. The entrance examination for BTech (Marine Engineering), Nautical Science, Naval Architecture and Ship Building is scheduled to be held on June 1, 2019. The students will be offered admission to these programs on the basis of performance in the entrance examination, said a TOI report. The entrance examination will begin from 11.00 A.M. and ends at 2.00 P.M.
- The entrance examination will be held across 36 cities pan India that includes major centres like Agra, New Delhi, Noida, Patna, Lucknow, Chennai, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Pune, Mumbai, Kolkatta, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam
- The applicants can have three cities where they wish to take the CET while registering online.
- The last date to apply for the examination is May 8, 2019
- Candidates are advised to visit IMU’s official website imu.edu.in to keep track of new announcements
- The candidates can download their Admit Cards from May 15, 2019
- Results will be declared on June 6, 2019
- Date of commencement of Registration – 01.04.2019
- Last Date for Basic Registration and Online Payment: 05.05.2019
- Last date for online submission of Detailed
- Application Form – 08.05.2019
- Admit Card can be downloaded from – 15.05.2019
- The date for Computer Based CETs – 01.06.2019
- The date for Publication of Results – 06.06.2019
The birth of Indian Maritime University is a long cherished dream of the maritime community of India. The Indian Maritime University, established through an Act of Parliament (Act 22) in November 2008 as a Central University, is poised to play a key role in the development of trained human resource for the maritime sector.
- To facilitate and promote maritime studies, training, research and extension work with focus on emerging areas of studies like oceanography, maritime history, maritime laws, maritime security, search and rescue, transportation of dangerous cargo, environmental studies and other related fields, and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields and other matters connected therewith or incidental thereto
- To promote advanced knowledge by providing institutional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit and to make provisions for integrated courses in Science and other key and frontier areas of Technology and allied disciplines in the educational programmes of the University
- To take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning process, interdisciplinary studies and research; and to pay special attention to the promotion of educational and economic interests and welfare of the people of India
- To promote freedom, secularism, equality and social justice as enshrined in the Constitution of India and to act as a catalyst in socio-economic transformation by promoting basic attitudes and values of the essence to national development
- To extend the benefits of knowledge and skills for the development of individuals and society by associating the University closely with local, regional and national issues of development.
For details, candidates can visit the official website – https://www.imu.edu.in/