Insights of Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets – PGPSM
About the programme
Of the securities markets and the demand for skilled and competent professionals is constantly growing every year estimates indicate that more than 35 lakh individuals are engaged in various segments. The Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets (PGPSM) prepares next-generation market professionals with holistic understanding and essential skill-sets to meet the requirements of the dynamic securities markets industry. To rewarding careers in the securities markets industry, the programme acts as a gateway.
Scope of PGPSM
PGPSM is a unique opportunity for career aspirants in the securities markets to obtain in-depth understanding, both theoretical and practical, from an institute established by the Securities and Exchange Board of India. On successful completion of the programme, the participants would have developed capability to design solutions that meet specific requirements in the securities markets.
Reasons to choose generic MBA
- Equity and Fixed Income Research
- Credit Rating
- Financial Analytics
- Financial Advisory
- Stock Broking
- Mutual Funds
- Investment Banking
- Risk Management
- One-year fast-track residential programme divided into four terms
- Designed to provide a holistic understanding of securities markets
- Globally benchmarked curriculum
- Academic Council and Faculty Team constituted by top academicians, industry veterans and market practitioners
- Proximity to the industry and policymakers
- Policy-research based inputs
- Inputs on market regulations from officers of SEBI
- Modern technology – trading simulation with streaming market data, databases like Bloomberg, Prowess, etc.
- Multiple pedagogy – simulations, internships, live projects, cases, book-film reviews, conferences, workshops, etc.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure conducive to contemplative learning
PGDM-SM is a two-year full-time Post-Graduate Diploma for graduates, postgraduates coming from various disciplines interested in pursuing a career in the securities market. This programme has been freshly launched in 2017 and is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
PGDM-SM students are equipped to be complete securities market professionals. They are positioned to take up a wide range of responsibilities such as Analysts, Investment Managers, Valuers of Asset Classes, Treasury & Risk Managers, Operational Managers, Compliance Officers, Financial Planners & Wealth Managers etc. Organizations that will find our students suitable include Analytics firms, Rating Agencies, Stock- Brokers, Fund Managers, Investment Banks, Registered Valuers, Banks, Financial Advisors etc.
Prospects of PGPSM
A mixed batch, which is a blend of fresh and experienced Science, IT and Commerce graduates; eager to take up a variety of profiles across the organization’s hierarchy
Equipped with comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge of all asset classes and across market segments
Excellent faculty is drawn from the cream of academia, industry and SEBI
In-depth unique exposure to SMART lab (Simulated Trading in equities, commodities and F&O), Bloomberg and Financial databases like CMIE prowess.
Insights from Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computing, Quantitative Methods and Law