JEE Main 2019 April Examination Registration closes and admit card releases on March 20
JEE Main 2019 – The National Testing Agency, (NTA) has completed the registration and online application process for JEE Main 2019 April examination. According to a TOI report, March 7 was the last date for candidates to apply online. The examination would be conducted from April 6, 2019 – April 20, 2019. Result for JEE Main 2019 April examination will be out on April 30 along with JEE Main 2019 Rank. Admit cards will be released on March 20. An estimated 70% of the applications received for JEE Main 2019 April examination are of candidates who have already appeared for the January 2019 examination.
As many as 9.54 lakh candidates have registered for JEE Main April 2019 examination. This is more than the 9.3 lakh candidates who had registered and appeared for the January examination. Also, of these, 6.69 lakh candidates have already appeared for January examination and would be appearing again in the hopes of improving their score, noted the report.
Unlike last year, JEE Main examination this year is being conducted twice. The rationale behind conducting JEE Main 2019 twice is to provide another opportunity for candidates to improve their score. Only the better of the two NTA scores between JEE Main I and JEE Main II would be considered for deciding the JEE Main 2019 Rank, said the report.
Around 2, 24,000 candidates would be shortlisted for JEE Advanced 2019 based on their JEE Main 2019 Rank. The application forms for JEE Advanced 2019 would be released after the declaration of JEE Main 2019 Result and Rank. JEE Advanced 2019 will be held on May 19, 2019, in Computer Based Test (CBT) format.
The NTA has been set up as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. It is mainly set up to assess the competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research-based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error-free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bringing them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards.
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using modern techniques
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India. To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise. To collaborate with international organizations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations.