JEE Main 2019 Hall Ticket released
JEE Main 2019 –The National Testing Agency has issued the Hall Ticket or Admit Card of Joint Entrance Examination Main 2019. The first phase of the examination will be conducted from January 6 in multiple sessions. An estimated 11 lakh candidates appear for this examination. The candidates can visit the official website, jeemain.nic.in to download their Admit Cards. The second phase of the examination will be held in April next year. From this year onwards, candidates are given a choice to sit for either January examination or the one held in April.
The admit card contains important details like exam centre, time, name, date of birth, gender, state code of eligibility and category. In case of any discrepancy, communicate to JEE (Main) Secretariat/ CBSE immediately for necessary action. Students should reach the examination venue at least two-and-a-half hours before the start of the examination. JEE Main January examination results will be available by month-end.
How to download JEE Main 2019 admit card
- Visit the official website, jeemain.nic.in
- Click on ‘JEE Main (2019)’ link, and then drag your mouse to ‘download admit card’ link
- In the new window, registered with your user id and password
- Admit card will appear on the screen
- Download it, and take a print out for further reference.
NTA – JEE Main 2019
From 2019, the JEE Main is held by the NTA, while earlier, it was conducted by CBSE. The JEE Main is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTs taking part through Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidates should have secured a minimum of 75% marks in the Class XII examination or be in the top twenty percentile in the 12th Class Examination held by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks are 65% in the Class XII examination.
The NTA has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organisation to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions.
To assess the competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge regarding matching with research-based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error-free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test distribution and to test marking.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes
- To research educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern techniques
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To ensure quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise. To collaborate with international organisations like ETS to achieve the same.
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations