JEE Main, NATA courses including institutes in India
JEE Main, NATA – Apart from the engineering courses, students choose architecture, every year thousands of students pursue their career. In India, School of Planning and Architecture in New Delhi, the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT-Kharagpur) and IIT-Kanpur are some of the well-known architecture colleges. Though every college has their admission criteria, to get a chance in IITs, the students have to appear in JEE (Main), JEE (Advance). Take a look at the list of architecture courses, colleges and entrance examinations in India.
List of Architecture entrance exams and eligibility
To architecture course in various institutes in the country, the entrance examination is conducted every year for admission. On their drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, it measures the applicant’s aptitude for architecture and focuses. For two years from the year of appearing, the scorecard from this test is valid.
- From any recognised institution with mathematics as one of the subjects, the candidate should have passed in Class 12 or
- From an institution identified by the Central or State governments with mathematics as one of the subjects, the candidate should have passed 10+3 Diploma in any stream
- With Mathematics as a compulsory subject, the candidate should have passed an International Baccalaureate Diploma after ten years of Schooling
NATA 2018: Exam pattern
Part A (120 marks)
Mathematics: 20 questions carrying two marks each. (20×2= 40 marks)
General Aptitude (MCQ) bearing two marks each (40×2= 80 marks).
Part B (80 marks)
Drawings (40×2= 80 marks).
- JEE Main
From January 6 to 20, 2019, the first examination of JEE Main will be conducted and from April 6 to 20, 2019, the second examination.
To be eligible for JEE Main or JEE Advanced, a score of at least 75 per cent in Class 12 board exams or a place among the top 20 percentiles of the Boards is required. This has been lowered to 65 per cent for candidates of the SC and ST categories.
JEE Main 2019: Important dates
JEE Main I: Commences from January 6
Application forms (Online Submission): September 1- September 30, 2018
Downloading of admit cards: December 17, 2018
Examination dates: January 6 – January 20, 2019 (8 different sittings and candidate can choose any one)
Declaration of results: January 31, 2019
JEE Main II: Commences from April 6
February 8 to March 7, 2019, is the duration for the online submission of application forms:
Downloading of admit cards: March 18, 2019
Dates of examination: April 6 to April 20, 2019 (8 different sittings and candidate can choose any one)
Declaration of results: April 30, 2019.
- COMEDK UGET
For seats in different engineering, architecture institutes, COMEDK UGET entrance exam is an online entrance test conducted all over the country. To ensure merit-based admissions through a single common entrance test, the entrance test will be held in a regular mode.
Total: 180 questions
Physics: 60 MCQ
Chemistry: 60 MCQ
Mathematics: 60 MCQ
The third week of January 2019 is the commencement of online application
Last date to apply: Third week of April
Exam date: Second week of May
Result: First or second week of June.
- JEE Advanced AAT
For aspirants who want admission to the architecture programmes in IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur, JEE Advanced AAT is the entrance test.
To foreign nationals or non-resident Indians for admissions to architecture/ engineering/ management programmes in reputed institutions in India, Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA), offered by the Union HRD ministry is a scheme provided. By their Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT score), the students got admissions.
List of Architecture courses
- Bachelor’s courses
- Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch)
- Arch. Architecture and Regional Planning (Bachelor of Architecture in Architecture and Regional Planning)
- Arch. Building and Construction Management (Bachelor of Architecture in Building and Construction Management)
- Bachelor of Architecture in Interior Design (B.Arch. Interior Design)
- Bachelor of Architecture in Landscape Architecture (B.Arch. Landscape Architecture)
- Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan)
- Master’s courses
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch.)
- Master of Architecture in Architectural Conservation (M.Arch. Architectural Conservation)
- Master of Architecture in Advanced Design (M.Arch. Advanced Design)
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch. Architectural and Settlement Conservation)
- Arch. Building Construction and Management (Master of Architecture in Building Construction and Management)
- Master of Architecture in Computer Applications (M.Arch. Computer Applications)
- Master in Architecture and Construction Management (M.Arch. Construction Management)
- Master of Architecture in Industrial Design (M.Arch. Industrial Design)
- Arch Interior Design (Master of Architecture in Interior Design)
- Master of Architecture in Landscape Architecture (M.Arch. Landscape Architecture)
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch. Theory and Design)
- Master of Architecture in Urban Designing (M.Arch. Urban Designing)
- Master of Planning (Regional Planning)
- Master of Planning (Rural Planning and Management)
- Master of Planning (Transport Planning)
- Master of Planning (Urban and Regional Planning)
- Doctorate programmes
- Doctor of Philosophy in Architectural Conversation (PhD Architectural Conservation)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Architecture (PhD Architecture)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Building Engineering and Management (PhD Building Engineering and Management)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Housing (PhD Housing)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Design (PhD Industrial Design)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Landscape Architecture (PhD Landscape Architecture)
Institutes to offer Architecture courses
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Sir JJ College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Jamia Milia Islamia University