JEE Main Paper I Result 2019 to be released by NTA on April 30
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will declare the JEE Main 2019 result on April 30 on its official website, @jeemain.nic.in. Citing the JEE Mains prospectus, the India Today report said that the official date mentioned is April 30, 2019. The NTA has not released any notification regarding the change in JEE Mains 2019 result declaration yet, the report pointed out. JEE Main 2019 April edition was conducted throughout the country and abroad on April 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 through the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode in which 9,58,619 candidates were registered. JEE Mains Entrance Examination 2019 was conducted in two phases- Paper 1 and Paper 2, and the total duration of 2019 JEE Mains was 3 hours.
- Apart from JEE Main Paper 1 the 2019 JEE Mains Result for Paper 2 is also expected to be released on next month. The date for the release of JEE Mains Paper 2 2019 Result is expected to be May 15.
Steps to check Paper I
- Visit the official website-jeemain.nic.in
- Login using the application number, password or date of birth
- Marks obtained overall as well as individual subjects will be displayed on the screen
Overall Merit List
- The four NTA scores for each of the candidates in Paper-1 of JEE Main January 2019 as well as for the April 2019 will be merged for compilation of result and preparation of overall Merit List/Ranking
- The candidates who appeared in both the attempts, then in that case candidates best of the two NTA scores (total) will be considered for further processing
- As the JEE Main April 2019 Paper 1 was conducted in multi-shifts, NTA scores will be calculated corresponding to the raw marks obtained by a candidate.
- The calculated NTA scores for the Raw Marks for all the shifts/sessions will be merged for further processing
- The NTA Score of the Total is NOT an aggregate or average of the NTA Score of an individual subject
- NTA score is not the same as the percentage of marks obtained
The NTA has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. To assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission, and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern techniques
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise. To collaborate with international organizations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations