JNU decides to accept CAT scores for Its Admission MBA Programs
It’s a jubilant moment for the aspiring students who want to pursue their studies at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, as the latter had decided to accept the Common Admission Test (CAT) scores for its MBA Program. Citing a Twitter post by the Vice Chancellor of JNU, Mamidala Jagadesh, a Financial Report quoted him as saying, “JNU joins the Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018), held by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) for admission in School of Management and Entrepreneurship in JNU starting from July 2019 session.” More details are available at iimcat.ac.in.
According to the report, the official notification for CAT has already been released, while the online registration for CAT examination would commence from August 8, 2018 and the deadline is on September 19, 2018. The CAT 2018 examination will be conducted on November 25, 2018. The computer-based examination has three sections: Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Section III: Quantitative Ability (QA). A total of 100 questions will be there in the question paper. The CAT examination will be held in two sessions and each session will have a different question paper, noted the report.
As the CAT results are announced in form of percentile, subsequently, after CAT, all the IIM and non-IIM institutes announce their separate selection criteria and procedure based on the CAT score. Students who qualify CAT examination will have to then apply separately to their desired institutes.
- You should have a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- If you are appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and if you have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results, you can also apply.
- However, if selected, you will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if you submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of your University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that you have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- If you are applying for CAT 2018 should fulfil any one of the following conditions: Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*, completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage* or you should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*.
- If you are a SC/ST/PwD candidate, you should have minimum 45%.
- If you belong to General and NC-OBC categories, you should have a minimum 50%.
- The percentage of marks obtained by you will be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
- In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution.
- If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing your CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.