KIITEE 2019 defers application deadline for entrance examination
KIITEE 2019 – The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) has deferred the application deadline for the entrance examination held for admission to the institute, according to IE report. The KIITEE deadline has been postponed from April 15 (Monday), 2019 to April 24 (Wednesday), 2019. Interested candidates can apply at the official website, kiitee.kiit.ac.in.
The examination will be commenced from April 15 to April 24, 2019. The process of slot booking has also commenced at the website. Candidates can select their examination centre and seat for the examination. Based on the selected slot, candidates will get their admit cards. The Admit Cards are available to download.
Steps to book slot and download Admit Card
- Visit the official website — kiitee.kiit.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on ‘KIITEE 2019 slot booking’
- You will be redirected to a new page
- Log-in using application number and date of birth
- Select the exam centre
- Preview admit card, download
The result is scheduled to be announced on April 30, 2019, and counselling will begin from May 15, 2019, citing the official notification, the report said.
KIIT was established in 1992 as a vocational training centre with only two staff and just twelve students. However, it took shape as an institution only in 1997, when degree engineering program began. KIIT owes its existence to the vision of its founder Prof. Achyuta Samanta who, with no land, limited finances (only Rs. 5000) and little knowledge of higher education to create an institution for the benefit of the society. From these small beginnings, KIIT has developed into a leading university with a strong interdisciplinary culture and a commitment to teaching excellence.
KIIT boasts of having 23 world class campuses, 2500 faculty and researchers, 30000 students, 15 sports complexes with swimming pools, 15 food courts and 25 square kilometres academic township. Its vision is to create an advanced centre of professional learning of international standing where the pursuit of knowledge and excellence shall reign supreme, unfettered by the barriers of nationality, language, cultural plurality and religion.
- Imparting quality value based education of international standard and imbibing skill for solving real-life problems
- Inculcating global perspective in attitude
- Creating leadership qualities with a futuristic vision
- Fostering a spirit of entrepreneurship and realisation of societal responsibilities
- Cultivating adaptation of ethics, morality and healthy practices in professional life
- Instilling habit of continual learning
- Encouraging and supporting creative abilities and research temperament
- Establishing and promoting close interaction with industries and other utility sectors and keep abreast with state-of-the-art technology
In 2018, KIIT was placed 42nd rank among Indian Universities ranked by National Institution Ranking Framework (NIRF), Government of India. KIIT School of Management, a constituent school of KIIT secured 30th rank in the same year. Similarly, KIIT has achieved 65th rank in the overall ranking, 51st rank in Engineering and 20th rank in Medical.