Last date to apply for ESIC Recruitment 2018 for 771 IMO openings

ESIC Recruitment 2018 – The last date to apply for the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation ESIC Recruitment 2018 Insurance Medical Officer (IMO) posts will end today. There are 771 openings for the position of IMO Grade – II (Allopathic). The ESIC has invited online application for the said post, which will close today. The candidates desirous of applying for the position can apply online, esic.nic.in. The last date for the submission of application fee is November 13, 2018.

Key dates

  • Opening date and time for online registration of applications was September 1
  • Last date and time of closing of registration is also September 1
  • Submission of application (step-II) was today up to 11.59

Last date and time for end of submission of online application fees through debit card/credit card/net banking through SB collect system of the State Bank of India (SBI) (Step-III) – November 13 up to 11.45 PM.

Employee’s State Insurance (abbreviated as ESI) is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. This fund is managed by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) according to rules and regulations stipulated there in the ESI Act 1948. ESIC is an autonomous corporation by a statutory creation under Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.

Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), established by the ESI Act, is an autonomous corporation under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. As it is a legal entity, the corporation can raise loans and take measures for discharging such loans with the prior sanction of the central government and it can acquire both movable and immovable property, and all incomes from the property shall vest with the corporation. The corporation can set up hospitals either independently or in collaboration with state government or other private entities, but most of the dispensaries and hospitals are run by concerned state governments.

Benefits

 

For all employees earning ₹21,000 (US$290) or less per month as wages, the employer contributes 4.75%, and the employee contributes 1.75% total share 6.5%. This fund is managed by the ESI Corporation (ESIC) according to rules and regulations stipulated there in the ESI Act 1948, which oversees the provision of medical and cash benefits to the employees and their family. ESI scheme is a type of social security scheme for employees in the organised sector.

The employees registered under the scheme are entitled to medical treatment for themselves and their dependents, unemployment cash benefit in certain contingencies and maternity benefit in case of women employees. In case of employment-related disablement or death, there is provision for a disablement benefit and a family pension respectively. There are about 67 outpatient medical facilities are available in 1418 ESI dispensaries and through 1,678 private medical practitioners. Inpatient care is possible in 145 ESI hospitals and 42 hospital annexes with a total of 19,387 beds. Also, several state government hospitals also have beds for the exclusive use of ESI Beneficiaries. Cash benefits can be availed in any of 830 ESI centres throughout India.

Recent years have seen an increasing role of information technology in ESI, with the introduction of Pehchan smart cards as a part of Project Panchdeep.In addition to insured workers, low-income families eligible under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana can also avail facilities in ESI hospitals and dispensaries. ESI Corporation also runs medical, nursing and paramedical schools in some ESI hospitals across India.

Leave a Comment