Lot of restrictions for students sitting for CAT 2018 Examination
The Common Admission Test will be conducted by the IIM-Calcutta on November 25. About 2.41 lakh candidates have applied successfully for CAT 2018. IIM-Calcutta has released a list of instructions where candidates are not allowed to wear any jewellery or even footwear. In 2016, the candidates were advised to wear open footwear like chappals. In a test day help guide that has been released recently, the examination authority has informed that only admit card, photo identity card, required the medical certificate and scribe affidavit (if any) would be permitted beyond frisking point, noted an IE report.
Here are a few things you need not bring inside the exam lab
- Do not wear any jewellery that contains metal. In case an aspirant is caught while frisking, they’ll be asked to remove
- Do not wear jackets and footwear inside the exam lab.
- Do not bring any mobile phones, electronic gadgets, watches, calculators, stationery items inside the exam centre premises.
- A candidate will be allowed to wear socks, plain pullovers/ sweaters/cardigans (without any pockets) inside the exam hall.
- Candidates with a metal implant, pacemaker, etc. in their body would bring a medical certificate of the same at Test Centre
- All personal belongings would be kept aside at this point, and the authorities would not take any responsibility for loss of items.
CAT will be held in two shifts – 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm. Candidates are advised to report at 7:30 am for the morning shift and at 1 pm for the afternoon shift.
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta or IIM-C) is a public business school located in Joka, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It was the first Indian Institute of Management established by the Government of India in November 1961 in collaboration with Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), the Government of West Bengal, The Ford Foundation and Indian industry. IIM Calcutta is the first triple accredited management school from India (and one amongst 86 such business schools globally to have accreditation from Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association of MBAs (AMBA). It is also the only Indian business school that is a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS).
IIM Calcutta offers five main full-time academic programmes:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) – Two-year, full-time MBA programme
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) – Doctoral programme
- Post Graduate Programme for Executives (PGPEX) – One-year, full-time MBA programme for Executives
- Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM) – One-year, full-time Executive MBA programme
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) – Two years, full-time BA programme
- As a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS), IIM Calcutta also offers the CEMS Masters in International Management degree.
IIM-C offers other programmes like:
- Executive Education: Management Development Programs (MDP) and Custom Corporate Programs
- Management Programmes for Armed Forces Officers (AFP)
- Distance Education programmes through a technology/platform partners such as HughesNet Global Education and NIIT Imperial Research and Consultancy programs