Madras University commence online application for undergraduate admission
Madras University begins the registration for Undergraduate Courses from April 22, 2019. The last date for online registration and the submission of online application form is May 3, 2019. The admission will be on the basis of merit in Class XII or Higher Secondary examination. After the application process is over, the University will allot Counselling dates to the applicants on the basis of marks scored by them in Class XII examination. Madras University will admit students as per the rules of Reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu. Students applying for admission to a UG course in Madras University can check the admission prospectus on the official website, unom.ac.in.
- BA Tamil/ BA Historical Studies: The applicant must have passed Higher Secondary Examinations (Academic or Vocational Stream) or class 12th exam from a recognized board of education
- Bachelors in Computer Application: The applicant must have studied any of the following subjects in Class 12th- Computer Science or Mathematics or Statistics or Business Mathematics.
- B.Com General: The candidate must have studied one of the following subjects in class 12th – Accountancy and Commerce.
- B.Com Computer Application: The applicant must have studied one of the following subjects in class 12th – Accountancy, Commerce and Computer Science.
Steps to Apply
- The admission form has to be submitted online only
- Payment for the application fees can be made via Debit Card or Credit Card or Net Banking. Before making the payment, the candidates must make sure that the details filled are correct
- No changes can be made once the form is submitted
- The candidates must provide a valid email id and phone number for future communication
- After ten days of the publication of the Class 12th results photocopies of Certificate of Class X and Class XII, passing certificate, transfer certificate and conduct certificate, Community Certificate and Aadhaar card has to be sent to the Principal of the respective College
- The selected candidates’ names will be displayed on the website and on the College Notice Board. The counselling dates will be allotted as per the Marks obtained by the student in the qualifying examination
- Students will be admitted in accordance with the rules of Reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu
The University of Madras is a public state university in Chennai (formerly Madras), Tamil Nadu, India. Established in 1857, it is one of the oldest universities in India. The university was incorporated by an act of the Legislative Council of India. It is a collegiate research university and has six campuses in the city viz., Chepauk, Marina, Guindy, Taramani, Maduravoyal and Chetpet. At present, there are 233 plus courses offered under 87 academic departments grouped under 19 schools, covering diverse areas such as sciences, social sciences, humanities, management and medicine along with 109 affiliated colleges and 52 approved research institutions. It is one of the top Universities in India that provide distance education in various disciplines. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council have conferred ‘five-star’ accreditation to the university and it has been given the status of ‘University with Potential for Excellence’ by the University Grants Commission. The University of Madras is the alma mater of two Indian Physics Nobel Laureates, CV Raman and Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, five Presidents of India, including A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, and several notable mathematicians including Srinivasa Ramanujan.