MICA offers PGCMPMEM Online Program
MICA is offering Post Graduate Certificate Program in Media and Entertainment (PGCPMEM) online course for its third batch. Media and Entertainment is no more a subsidiary industry. It has taken the leading seat to become a leader in the Indian market and started contributing substantially to the economy. Considering the growth and scope of the industry, there is an utmost need for trained professionals to become the growth drivers and achieve newer heights. With the promise of contributing and partnering in the growth drivers of the ‘Media and Entertainment’ industry, MICA as one of the leading institutes of the country considers Media & Entertainment Management as one of its core domain of studies. Along with its regular courses, MICA now proposes to offer an online certificate programme specifically designed for the media and entertainment industry professionals and enthusiasts looking for in-depth knowledge and a career path in the sector.
- To equip the participants with a working knowledge of the latest developments in the media and entertainment space.
- To keep participants abreast on the past and ongoing changes in the buying behaviour of consumers, including their consumption of media and entertainment; and how brands communication strategies are evolving.
- For Indian Participants – Graduates or Diploma Holders (10+2+3) from a recognised university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For overseas Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognised University or Institution in their respective country.
There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the course. These may be in the form of quizzes, assignments, projects, case studies or another objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed to ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning.
On the payment of programme fees of Rs.1, 25,000 + Tax and upon satisfying the requisite attendance and accreditation criteria, participants will be awarded a PG Certificate in Media & Entertainment Management by MICA.
The PGCMPMEM include lectures and learning material on the following topics:
- Introduction to Media and Society
- Media Ecosystem
- Business and Economics of Media
- Brands – how brands are communicating with consumers today
- Media Mix – Strength of Each Media Platform
- The business of Media – Print, Events, Radio, Television, Animation-Gaming-VFX, Films, OOH, Sports
- Cost Functions – Media Platforms
- Revenue Functions – Media Platforms
- Distribution Functions – Media Platforms
- Consumer behaviour and Insights
- Communication Planning, Media planning and buying. Audience
- Integrating Digital, POE Media, Programmatic buying, Importance
- The importance of content; Paid content and consumer-generated
- Media Laws and Ethics
- Sales Practices in M&E Industry
- Business of Print – In-depth Understanding
- Business of Radio – In-depth Understanding
- Business of TV – In-depth Understanding
- Business of Digital – In-depth Understanding
- Business of Events – In-depth Understanding
- Business of Films – In-depth Understanding
- Business of Gaming – VFX – Animation – In-depth Understanding
- Business of Sports – In-depth Understanding
- Media Analytics
- Future of Media; Media business challenges
- This program includes a compulsory five-day visit to MICA’s campus. Candidates from outside India can be exempted from this component.
Who is MICA looking for?
Working professionals with roles in Marketing, Business Development, Branding, Advertising, Communications, Digital Marketing, Content Management, Public Relations, Media Planning, Customer Relations, who want to enhance their knowledge and aspire to take up careers in the media and entertainment industry should enrol for this programme.
Application Process and Timelines
- All applications for this course must be made through an online application form
- In case payment is being made online through credit card/debit card, please ensure that you have the credit card/debit card with you at the time of filling out the application form
- If you have opted to pay the application fee/instalments of the fee through demand draft/pay orders, then ensure that the demand draft/pay orders for the applicable amount is made favouring “Arrina Education Services Private Limited” payable at Mumbai and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your application form
- Ensure that you write your name, REGID, course name and contact number at the back of the demand draft/pay order and for further details, visit mica.ac.in.
Image: Mohammed Haneed Ahmad