MSCWB to recruit 150 junior engineers
MSCWB – There are around 150 vacancies for the post of junior engineers at the Municipal Service Commission of West Bengal (MSCWB). Those who wish to apply for the post can visit the official website, mscwb.org from February 13, 2019. As per the India Today report, the selected candidates will be recruited under Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authorities.
Details of openings
- Total number of posts- 150
- Number of posts for Junior Engineer (Civil)- 100
- Number of posts for Junior engineer (mechanical) – 25
- Number of posts for Junior engineer (electrical) – 25
- Candidates should possess a diploma in the relevant field of engineering from any recognized institute with at least 60% marks or equivalent with at least one year of work experience in construction/supervision/management.
- Candidates should fall under the age bracket of 18 to 32 years.
- Junior engineers will be recruited at the pay scale of Rs 9,000 to Rs 40,500 with grade pay of Rs 4,400.
- General and OBC: Rs 220
- SC/ST/PH category candidates: Rs 70
The Commission was constituted under the West Bengal Municipal Service Commission Act, 2018 by a notification of state government dated December 31, 2018, and it came into force with effect from the second day of January 2019.
The Commission has been entrusted with the important work of recruitment of employees for the Kolkata Municipal Corporation. The process for recruitment involves advertisement in the National Dailies for the posts, the conduct of examination, interview and recommendation to the Corporation. The West Bengal Municipal Service Commission takes appropriate steps for the conduct of the recruitment process ensuring the quality and standard needed for the post. The West Bengal Municipal Service Commission is in existence for over five decades.
- Recruitment by the conduct of competitive examinations
- Recruitment by selection through interview
- Advise Mayor or Municipal Commissioner on any matter so referred to it concerning methods of recruitment or principles to be followed in making appointments to category A posts and category B posts
- No officer or employee of the Corporation appointed on the recommendation of the Municipal Service Commission shall be reduced in rank, removed or dismissed except after consultation with such Commission
When an examination is to be held for the purpose of recommending candidates for appointment, the Commission shall:
- Make necessary rules for the conduct of such examination including the syllabus
- Announce the probable number of vacancies to be filled
- Conduct the examination
- Finalise the results and arrange the candidates in order of merit on the results of the examination
- Recommend, as many candidates as there are vacancies, to the appointing authority, subject to a sufficient number of qualified candidates being available