NATA 2019 Registration process begins on January 24
NATA 2019 Registration – The online application process for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) will begin on January 24, 2019.
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture is held by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture which is a body of Council of Architecture, New Delhi in India. The NATA is a national level examination for admission to undergraduate courses in Architecture.
The candidates who are desirous of applying are advised to apply through the official website, nata.in. According to IE report, this year, NATA will be holding examinations in two sessions, first on April 14 and second on July 7, 2019. The examination will be conducted for the candidates who want to pursue a five-year course as a Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch), for the academic session of 2019-20, noted the report.
The Centre of Architecture (COA) regulates the education and practice of professional architecture in India and maintaining a registry of architects. Those candidates who wish to pursue the profession must register themselves with the COA. In order to study B Arch degree, the candidate must qualify in NATA. The test measures the applicant’s aptitude for architecture and focuses on their drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, the report pointed out and added that the scorecard from this test is valid for two years from the year of appearing.
NATA 2019: Exam pattern
Part A (120 marks)
- Mathematics: 20 questions carrying 2 marks each. (20×2= 40 marks)
- General Aptitude (MCQ) carrying 2 marks each (40×2= 80 marks).
Part B (80 marks)
- Drawings (40×2= 80 marks)
- The candidate should have passed in class 12 from any recognised institution with mathematics as one of the subjects, or
- The candidate should have passed 10+3 Diploma in any stream from an institution recognized by the Central or State governments with mathematics as one of the subjects
- The candidate should have passed an International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
NATA 2019: Important dates
Stage I examination
- Registration begins: January 24
- Last date to apply online: March 11
- Online correction window: March 12 to 15, 2019
- Admit card available for download: April 1
- Examination: April 14
- Results to be declared: May 3
Stage II examination
- Online registration begins: January 24
- Last date to apply online: June 12
- Online correction window: June 15 to 17, 2019
- Admit card available for download: June 24
- Examination: July 7
- Declaration of results: July 21, 2019
NATA 2019: How to apply online
- Go to the official website nata.nic.in
- Click on “Online registration for NATA 2019”
- Fill in the details to register and click submit