NBE announce NEET MDS 2019 Result
NEET MDS 2019 Result – The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) Master of Dental Science (MDS 2019) result has been declared by the National Board of Examinations (NBE), according to NDTV report. Candidates who appeared for the NEET MDS examination on December 14, 2018, can check the result at natboard.edu.in. Candidates can check the merit list of the examination held for admission to Master of Dental Surgery Course. Individual scorecards of the candidates will be released on January 19.
Scorecard will not be sent individually to the candidates. Candidates are requested to download their scorecards from the website. The cutoff score in the general category is 250. The examination carried a total of 960 marks.
There will be a common counselling for admission to all post-graduate courses (Diploma/ MDS) in all dental educational institutions on the basis of merit list of the NEET. NBE has also announced the DNB Post Diploma CET or the DNB-PDCET result. The examination was conducted on December 14, 2018.
NEET PG result will be announced before January 31. After the result is declared, NBE will begin the counselling procedure for the 50% All India quota seats. The counselling for the state quota seats will be conducted by the respective State Medical Education authorities, said the report.
- The National Board of Examinations was set up in 1975 with the key objective of improving the quality of the Medical Education by elevating the level and establishing standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on pan India basis
- There are more than 149 recognised Medical Colleges in the country
- In addition to Postgraduate teaching institutions under MCI, there are 450 accredited institutions imparting training in various Broad and Super specialities for the award of a postgraduate qualification in Broad and super specialities
- The Board at present conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations in 54 disciplines approved by the Board for the award of Diplomate of National Board
- The Medical Council of India has laid down standards for postgraduate examinations conducted by various medical colleges and affiliated to concerned universities and other institutions, yet the levels of proficiency and standards of evaluation vary considerably in these institutions
- The establishment of a National Body to conduct postgraduate medical examination was aimed at providing a common standard and mechanism of evaluation of the minimum level of attainment of the objective for which postgraduate courses were started in medical institutions
- Intra country and the international comparison is facilitated with the availability of commonly accepted evaluation mechanism
- RECOGNITION OF DNB QUALIFICATIONS
- The Nomenclature of the degree awarded by the National Board of Examinations is called the “Diplomate of National Board”
- The list of recognised qualifications awarded by the Board in various Broad and Super specialities as approved by the Government of India and included in the First Schedule of IMC Act 1956 is as at Annexure II
- The Diplomate qualifications awarded by the National Board of Examinations have been equated with the postgraduate and post doctorate degrees awarded by other Indian Universities by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; vide their notifications issued from time to time (Annexure III)
- The holders of Board’s qualification awarded after an examination (DNB Final) are eligible to be considered for specialists post in any Hospital including training/teaching institution.