NEET 2019 Correction Window Opens on January 14, 2019
NEET 2019 Correction Window Opens on January 14, 2019 – The National Testing Agency (NTA), the apex body under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, is opening the window for the correction of application details of national level medical entrance exam NEET 2019 from January 14, today. Candidates can make the required corrections, the window will be opened till Janaury 31, 2019.
Citing the official notification released by NTA regarding the NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2019, an NDTV report said that this correction process will be allowed till January 31, 2019. The NEET application correction process can be done from the official website, ntaneet.nic.in. According to NTA, after this correction window is closed, no request for correction will be entertained under any circumstances. NEET 2019 registration, which commenced on November 1, 2018, was concluded on an extended last date, on December 7, 2018. The examination will be held on May 8, 2019, across the country, said the report.
“It has been observed that despite the above efforts, few candidates do not adhere to the instructions given by NTA which leads to incorrect submission of application form. Thereafter, candidates request the NTA to rectify the mistake committed by them.
This can be done only at a later stage after the submission of the Application Form when the windows for correction in all field will be open,” an official NEET notification, was quoted as saying by the report. “Thereafter, no request for correction(s) will be entertained except when the window for correction in all fields open. Particulars filled in Application Form need to be chosen carefully as options once exercised cannot be changed later including Examination Centre city and Medium of Question Paper except when the window for correction in all fields open,” the notification said.
- The NTA has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organisation to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions
- To assess the competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research-based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error-free delivery.
- IT is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking
- To hold efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern technique
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise
- To collaborate with international organizations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations