NER invites applications for 745 Apprentice posts in 2018
There are 745 Apprentice positions available at the North Eastern Railway for this year. Those interested can apply for the job by visiting the official website, ner.indianrailways.gov.in. The last date to apply is December 29. The online application process has already started.
- Opening Date of Application: November 30, 2018
- Closing Date of Application: December 29, 2018
The selection of the candidate is based on the percentage of marks obtained in High School/ 10th examination. The processing fee is Rs 100/-, while SC/ST/PWD/women candidates are exempted from payment of processing fee.
As per the official notification, the online applications through Railway Recruitment Cell, Gorakhpur are invited from the candidates fulfilling the prescribed conditions for undergoing Apprenticeship Training under Apprentices Act, 1961 and Apprenticeship Rules, 1962, in the following units of NER:
Mechanical Workshop has 203 slots, Signal Workshop Gorakhpur Cantonment has 63 posts, Bridge Workshop Gorakhpur Cantonment has 35, Diesel Shed at Izzat Nagar has 60 slots, Carriage and Wagon at Izzat Nagar require 64 apprentices, Carriage and Wagon at Lucknow Junction has maximum of 155, Diesel Shed at Gonda needs 90 apprentices and Carriage and Wagon at Varanasi has 75, and that brings the total of 745 slots.
- The candidates should not be less than 15 years of age and not more than 24 years of age as on December 29, 2018
- In case of SC/ST, the candidate’s upper age limit is relaxed by five years, and in the case of OBC candidates, the upper age limit is relaxed by three years
- For PWD candidates, maximum ten years age relaxation is permitted
The candidates should have already passed the prescribed qualification of High School/10th with a minimum of 50% marks and ITI in notified trade on the date of issue of notification from a recognised Board.
- The selected candidates will be required to pass the prescribed medical examination as per rules in force before induction into the training course
- Eligibility of PwD for particular trade shall be governed by Railway Boards’ guidelines
Mode of Application
- Candidates are required to submit their application and processing fee of Rs.100 online
- Before submitting an online application, the candidates should ensure that they are eligible under the notification
The North Eastern was formed on 14th April 1952 by combining two Railway systems (Oudh and Tirhut Railway and Assam Railway) and Cawnpore-Achnera section of the BB&CIR. It was bifurcated into two Railway Zones on 15th Jan. 1958 – North Eastern Railway and North East Frontier Railway. The present N. E. Railway (NER), after re-organisation of Railway Zones in 2002, comprises of three Divisions – Varanasi, Lucknow & Izatnagar. NER has 3450 route kilometres with 486 stations. NER primarily serves the areas of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and western districts of Bihar.