NEST 2019 Syllabus for Mathematics
NEST 2019 – In Basic Sciences such biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics, for candidates seeking admission into 5-year integrated M.Sc. program NEST is a national level entrance exam serving as a gateway. In the month of June 2019, NEST 2019 is expected to take place.
Important Dates to Remember for NEST 2019
- The release of official notification for NEST 2019: 4th week of December 2018
- Commencement of online form filling: 1st week of January 2019
- Last date to fill the NEST 2019 application form: 1st week of March 2019
- Availability of NEST 2019 Admit Card: 4th week of April 2019
- NEST 2019 exam date: 1st week of June 2019
- NEST 2019 declaration of result: 3rd week of June 2019
Exam Pattern for NEST 2019
- The medium of instruction: English
- The total duration of exam: 3 hours
- Total marks: 230
- Total sections: 5
- Marks for every correct answer: 1
- Marks deducted for every wrong answer : 0
Syllabus of Mathematics for NEST 2019
Addition, multiplication, conjugation, polar representation, Algebra of complex numbers, properties of modulus and principal argument, triangle inequality, cube roots of unity, geometric interpretations.
Computation of probability of events using permutations and combinations, the formation of quadratic equations with given roots, Quadratic equations with real coefficients, Logarithms and their properties, relations between roots and coefficients solutions of simultaneous linear equations in two or three variables, symmetric functions of roots.
Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic means, Arithmetic, Permutations and combinations, geometric and harmonic progressions, sums of finite arithmetic and geometric progressions, infinite geometric series.
Bayes Theorem, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices and their properties, Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability, independence of events; Equality of matrices, addition, multiplication by a scalar and product of matrices, transpose of a matrix; Binomial theorem for positive integral index, properties of binomial coefficients; Matrices as a rectangular array of real numbers, determinant of a square matrix of order up to three.
Reference books of Mathematics- NEST 2019
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Plane Trigonometry by S.L Loney
- Integral Calculus by Amit M Agarwal
Significant Exam Day Instructions
- Do not forget to read the instructions on the first page of the NEST 2019 question paper.
- On the given OMR sheet, all the answers are to be marked
- Any kind of writing or stray marking is not allowed both on the question paper and the OMR sheet.
- The bubble should be darkened properly by the candidates
- On the OMR sheet, the usage of the pencil is strictly prohibited
- To mark the answers, use only black or blue ballpoint pen
- Do not fold or damage the OMR Sheet.
- After completion of the test, return the OMR sheet to the invigilator
Other Information about NEST 2019