NID 2019 Admit Card declared; Examination to be held on January 6
The Admit Card of National Institute of Design (NID) 2019 has been released on the official website, admissions.nid.edu. The Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Preliminary for the entrance exam of NID will be conducted on January 6 Sunday. Once the candidates clear this examination, they are eligible for the Master of Design (M Des), Bachelor of Design (B Des) and graduate diploma program in design (GDPD) programs. After clearing the examination, the qualified candidates are allowed to apply for NID campuses located in Kurukshetra, Vijayawada, Bhopal and Jorhat.
NID admit card: How to download
- Step 1: Visit the official website – addmissions.nid.edu
- Step 2: On the home page click on the link ‘log-in to download admit card.’
- Step 3: Click on the link, fill in the details and log in
- Step 4: Find the admit card, download
The NID website also has the previous year question papers for both graduate and postgraduate level entrance exams. The admission criteria, syllabus for entry at both the levels are different. While for BDes and GDPD program is the same, the pattern and education qualification for MDesign is different.
DAT Prelims: Download previous year papers
- Step 1: Visit the official website – admissions.nid.edu
- Step 2: On the homepage, click download.
- Step 3: In the drop-down menu, click ‘DAT prelims 2018 test paper’ (click on B.Des/GDPD or M.Des)
- Step 4: Click and download the previous year papers
- Bachelor of Design
- Master of Design
- GDPD at NID-Kurukshetra
- GDPD at NID-Vijayawada
- GDPD at NID-Bhopal
- GDPD at NID-Jorhat
- Bachelor of Design/GDP
- Master of Design
- Graduate Diploma Program in Design
Education at NID
- NID offers professional education programs at Bachelors and Masters level with five faculty streams and 20 diverse design domains including Animation Film Design, Ceramic and Glass Design, Exhibition Design, Film and Video Communication, Furniture and Interior Design, Graphic Design, Product Design and Textile Design.
- This is a four-year program offered in eight disciplines at Ahmedabad campus
- This 2.5-year program is offered in 29 subjects across all its three campuses
- The Foundation Program is offered to UG program before students select their specialisation in design
Knowledge Management Centre
- The mission is to enhance teaching and learning at NID through the provision of flexible, diverse and user-centred information services and resources.
- NID is privileged to have the benefit of rewarding academic exchange relationship with several renowned design institutions and universities across the world
- The NID is also offering PhD programs.