NIFT Entrance examination result Declared
NIFT – The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has declared the results of the written entrance examination. As of now, results have been declared for the B.FTech., M.FTech. and M.F.M. programs. NIFT conducted the admission test on January 20 for Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Fashion Technology, Master of Design, Master of Fashion Management and Master of Fashion Technology courses. Results of B.DES and M.DES programmes will be declared in due course read the official notification released by the Institute. Candidates who took the examination can now check their result online at the official website nift.ac.in.
While there is no upper age limit for applying to the Master’s programme, the upper age limit for Bachelor’s programme was 23 years. After declaring the complete result of the written test, NIFT will begin the situation test/ group discussion or interview for selecting the candidates. The test will assess the career orientation, aptness, personal achievements, communication and general awareness of the candidates and will be held in April/ May. The final result, based on the written exam and the interview, will be announced in May / June, noted the report.
Set up in 1986, NIFT is the pioneering institute of fashion education in the country and has been in the vanguard of providing a professional human resource to the textile and apparel industry. It was made a statutory institute in 2006 by an Act of the Indian Parliament with the President of India as ‘Visitor’ and has full-fledged campuses all across the country. Over the years NIFT has also been working as a knowledge service provider to the Union and State governments in the area of design development and positioning of handlooms and handicrafts.
The NIFT is a premier academic institute of design, management and technology. The Institute is aiming at establishing the benchmark for the quality of professionals that go into the fashion industry. Furthermore, it provides a comprehensive and state of the art infrastructure and equipment to impart both practical and theoretical training.
NIFT offers a learning experience of the highest standards in fashion pertaining to design, technology and management and encourages its remarkably creative student body to draw inspiration from India’s textiles and crafts while focusing on emerging global trends relevant to the industries Institute serves
NIFT offers many courses as follows:
- Regular Programs
- Undergraduate Programs
- Postgraduate Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Continuing Education Programs
Resource Centres provide:
- Reference Service to the students who approach the Resource Centre staff in person or through email and phone for queries related to their research topics
- Guidance to write research reports such as dissertations, theses, internship reports, etc
- Topical/subject bibliographies of books and e-Books in the collections of Campus library are compiled on request. Lists of relevant articles/research papers and other resources image listings are also provided on request
- Full-text digital document delivery via email is also arranged by the Resource Centres whenever requested
- Books and other documents from other libraries are also arranged through interlibrary loan facilities or network such as DELNET by specific RCs
Proactive alert services from select online databases are also set up for researchers