NIOS Exam Schedule for PDPET Released
NIOS – The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has released the examination schedule for the Professional Development Program for Elementary Teachers (PDPET) examination for Untrained In-Service Teachers. The first public examination for PDPET Bridge Course for the Untrained In-Service Teachers will be conducted in March 2019. The admit cards for the candidates who have registered for the course will also be released in March, said the report.
The examination for all the papers will be held in the afternoon session from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm, noted the report. The examination for ‘Elementary Education: Context, Concerns and Challenges’, paper code 521, will be held on March 19, 2019. The examination for ‘Understanding Elementary School Child’, paper code 522, will be organised on March 22, 2019. The examination for ‘Curriculum and Teaching-learning Process’, paper code 523, will be held on March 23, 2019. The examination for the last paper, ‘Pedagogy of Elementary School Subject’, paper code 524, will be held on March 25, 2019.
The admit cards for the examination will be released on the NIOS website, i.e.nios.ac.in/ www.dled.nios.ac.in, one week before the commencement of examination. Meanwhile, NIOS will also be holding the fourth NIOS D.EI.Ed examination for untrained in-service teachers in March. The examination will be held from March 15 to March 16, 2019, added the report.
The NIOS, earlier known as National Open School (NOS) was established in November 1989 as an autonomous organisation in pursuance of National Policy on Education 1986 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
- To provide professional advice to the Government of India, and to the States, regarding proper development of Open and Distance Learning system at school level in response to requests from the concerned Government/s or suo moto
- To develop need-based Academic and Vocational Education Programs for livelihood and lifelong learning up to pre-degree level
- To attain excellence in developing quality Open and Distance Learning curricula and courseware for learners
- To accredit institutions for developing an effective learner support system to facilitate learning up to pre-degree level
- To strengthen the Open and Distance Learning system through Research and Development activities
- To promote open schooling at a national and global level by networking, capacity building, sharing of resources and quality assurance.
- To take steps for developing strategic plans for promoting and upscaling the Open Schooling program in India
- To provide technical and financial support to State Governments in India for setting up and upscaling of State Open Schools (SOSs)
- To develop the needed action plan for making education equitable and inclusive for the marginalised and disadvantaged groups like girl/women, minorities, differently- able (physically and mentally challenged) etc
- To provide effective student support services for facilitating learners by establishing study centres in agencies, organizations and institutions in India abroad
- To conduct examinations and issue certificates to successful learners and more.
Image source: India today