NISER NEST in June 2019
NISER NEST in June 2019 – The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST), for admission to NISER Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), will be held on June 1, 2019. Online registration for the examination has just started. Admission to the five years integrated MSc programs, at the autonomous institutions under the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, will be through an online or computer-based test which will be objective type and will be of three and half hours. Applicants must have secured minimum 60% in class 12 annual board examinations.
- The examination is held for granting admission to five-year Integrated MSc program in basic sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. For the 2019-2024 academic session, 249 seats are open for admission out of which 202 are in NISER.
- NEST will be held at 91 centres and candidates will be allowed to specify 5 centre options during online registration. Admit cards will be released on April 24, 2019.
- Enrolled candidates will receive an annual scholarship of Rs. 60,000
- Candidates will also receive Rs. 20,000 per annum for a summer internship
- Top performers at NISER and CEBs can directly appear for selection interview of BARC training school.
- NEST result will be released on June 17, 2019
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007.
Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. NEST 2019 will be conducted in around 91 cities across India.
NISER, set up by the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India strives to become a nerve centre for basic sciences and allied subjects in terms of teaching and research. Its vision includes imparting high-quality science education in a vibrant academic ambience to the bright, motivated students, by a faculty of distinguished scientists and teachers. The curriculum is amply supported by a strong visitor’s programme by accomplished scientists from India and abroad.
NISER offers a five-year integrated M.Sc. program in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical sciences. NISER functions from its own campus at Jatni. Degrees at NISER will be awarded by the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a deemed-to-be University within the Department of Atomic Energy. There are 200+2 seats for 2019 batch, including reserved seats for SC/ST/OBC/PD candidates and two seats for candidates from the state of J&K as per Government norms. To avail reserved seats under OBC category the OBC (NCL) certificate must have been issued on or after June 01, 2018. Further details about the institute are available on the NISER website (niser.ac.in).