NSTI and Zoho offer a six-day course on building low code applications on Zoho Creator
NSTI and Zoho Sign MoU – In an apparent effort to provide a six-day course including 12 hours to soft skills training on how to use Zoho Creator, a low-code program platform to build applications, the National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) and the software player, Zoho had forged alliance.
As per the India Today report, the two entities have signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in order to offer the NSTI students with a great learning experience Zoho had established a Centre of Excellence, a classroom facility with state of the art infrastructure, at its campus in Guindy, Chennai.
Zoho is an IT behemoth with an established user base in excess of 40 million and with 40+ applications covering nearly every major business category, including sales, marketing, customer support, accounting and back-office operations, noted the report.
The MoU was signed in January under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
Hyther Nizam, Vice President, Product Management at Zoho, while emphasising the importance of low code apps in the contemporaneous times, said: “As technology continues to play a major role in our lives, we as consumers have higher expectations out of businesses. Application development trends have shown that speed and innovation are now crucial to a business’ success. Where traditional development methods are rigid, complex and time-consuming, low-code tools are dynamic, flexible and drastically reduce the time required to develop and deploy enterprise applications. This has made them an essential tool for every business.”
While building apps are traditionally thought of as a long-drawn coding process reserved only for expert programmers, Zoho Creator offers drag-and-drop tools and built-in modules to develop various components of an app, with limited use of programming. Thus, Zoho Creator does away with the problems and complexities that can arise in developing an app, and in doing so, allows everyone to build apps, he told the daily.
As to how this low-code programming would eventually help the students to up-skill themselves, Nizam said the short course on application development at NSTI is very relevant to what the industry needs today. “As opposed to traditional programming language courses, Zoho Creator training will focus on devising innovative solutions to real-world problems faced by businesses,” says Nizam.
The application development course will teach students how to effectively create mobile and web business apps using cloud computing, the official said.
“Students will be introduced to concepts such as requirement analysis, visual interface design, usability improvement, process mapping and testing. These are essential techniques in product development and will prove to be crucial when students look for placements in top IT companies,” Nizam said and added, “At the end of the course, students will receive a certificate jointly issued by Zoho and NSTI.”
Application building course at NSTI
- Anyone with knowledge of basic programming concepts can enrol for the course titled ‘Create and Operate Business Apps using Zoho Creator’
- This 6-day long course will be split into two parts-36 hours will be dedicated to training the student
- The course will take students through the step-by-step process of planning, building and publishing mobile and web business apps in the cloud
- The soft-skills module includes SWOT analysis, presentation skills, communication skills, stress and time management etc
- It will be taught by Zoho Creator’s training partner, ITK Education Services, a Zoho Creator Certified Trainer
- Interested candidates can register for the course on the NSTI website or directly at the institute’s Guindy campus
- This is a globally-recognized, joint certification program