NTA announces UGC NET 2018 question paper and answer sheet
UGC NET 2018 – The National Testing Agency (NTA), the organising body of the National Eligibility Test (UGC NET 2018) has published the question paper, answer sheet of the NET examination, as per IE report. The candidates who have appeared in the examination can get it through the official website, nta.ac.in. Till this year, CBSE was the conducting body, however, NTA has taken over the charge, said the report.
“The NTA’s decision on the challenges shall be final and the result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys. No grievance with regard to answer key(s) after the declaration of result of UGC NET December 2018 will be entertained,” citing the official notification, the report said. The answer keys of the UGC NET examination will be released by December 31, and the results on January 10 next year, noted the report.
“As the result is scheduled to be released by January 10, the NTA has decided to release the answer keys by December 31,” an official from NTA told indianexpress.com. The candidates can check the answer keys through the official website, nta.ac.in.
Steps to check
- Visit the official website of the UGC NET exam (ntanet.ac.in)
- On the homepage, log in with your ID
- Enter your application number and password in the fields provided
- Take print out of images of OMR sheets, recorded responses, answer keys and challenges submitted by them for future reference
As per the report, in excess of 1.8 lakh candidates had registered for UGC NET examination that was concluded on December 22. A total of 65.3% candidates appeared in the examination on day one and 72.8% of candidates attempted the examination on day two.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) was set up as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organisation to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions and to assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research-based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error-free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards