NTA holds CMAT and GPAT examinations in various centres across India
CMAT and GPAT examinations – The premier education body, the National Testing Agency (NTA), functioning under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India had held the Common Admission Test (CMAT) and Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) in various centres across India. According to NDTV report, the CMAT 2019 saw 64,582 candidates who had registered for the examination at 183 centres in 84 cities of 24 states and UTs, while the GPAT 2019 was conducted for 42,827 registered candidates at 128 centres across 84 cities.
The CMAT 2019 was held in the morning shift 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM, while GPAT 2019 was held in the afternoon shift 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM. As per the report, both the examinations are being held fully on Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and the next step in the examination process is the display of answer keys and recorded responses for the challenge.
What is more, the NTA will display CMAT Answer Key and GPAT Answer Key of multiple choice questions on the official websites, ntacmat.nic.in and ntagpat.nic.in. Also, the details pertaining to the dates of both Answer Keys will be displayed on the official websites. Those of you who are not happy with the Answer Keys and recorded responses can challenge by filling the online application form and paying a processing charge of Rs.1, 000 per question. You can pay the processing charge either by debit or credit card or through net banking.
The processing charge will not be refunded at any circumstance. The NTA’s decision on the challenges is final and no further communication will be entertained, as per the official notifications by CMAT and GPAT. The results are compiled on the basis of final Answer Keys, added the report.
The vision of NTA is that the right candidates joining the best institutions will give India her demographic dividend. Its mission is to improve equality and quality in education by administering research-based valid, reliable, efficient, transparent, fair and international level assessments. The best subject matter experts, psychometricians and IT delivery and security professionals will ensure that the current gaps in existing assessment systems are properly identified and bridged.
NTA will create a system which will promote teaching (by teachers), learning (by students) and assessment (by parents and institutions).NTA strongly believes in quality, efficiency, effectiveness, equity and security of assessments. To practice these values, NTA will constantly engage with its stakeholders, viz. students, parents, teachers, experts and partner institutions.
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern techniques
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to institutions in India. To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise
- To collaborate with international organizations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards