NTA ICAR AIEEA Examination 2019 on July 1
NTA ICAR AIEEA Examination – The All India Entrance Exam for admission to bachelor and master’s degree program in agriculture and allied courses will now be held by the National Testing Agency (NTA), according to the NDTV report. The government testing agency has been entrusted with the task of conducting the examination on behalf of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The NTA notified the examination details yesterday (April 1). The examination will be conducted on July 1. Online registration for the examination will be held from April 1 to April 30, 2019
Through the ICAR led entrance examination, 15% undergraduate seats and 25% postgraduate seats in agricultural universities were filled. However, for deemed-to-be-universities like IARI, IVRI, NDRI admissions were held through this examination, only. The Council conducted two separate examinations for both the programs, said the report.
The last entrance examination conducted by the Council, in August, was the 23rd All India examination. The results were declared in September. The first examination held in June was cancelled due to administrative reasons, the report added.
The NTA has been set up as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. To assess the competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research-based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error-free delivery. The NTA is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using modern techniques
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India.
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise
- To collaborate with international organisations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations