NTA rolls out new Mobile App for JEE Main NEET Mock Test
NEET 2019 – The premium agency in India in the educational horizon, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has rolled out a new official mobile app for mock tests for the candidates who are appearing for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for medical admissions or NTA National Eligibility Test (NET) Examinations. The aspirants can download the App and start practising for their competitive examinations, according to a PTI report.
As per the report, the NTA had recently held two competitive examinations under its supervision such as the first edition of JEE Main 2019 as early as January this year and the NET in December 2018. What is more, the second edition of JEE Main 2019 will be conducted in April this year. In fact, the registration for the same will begin next week, noted the report. Similarly, the registration for NEET 2019 got over and the entrance test will be conducted in May this year, said the report.
Satyapal Singh, the Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Government of India had recently told in Lok Sabha in a reply to a query that in order to ensure no student is disadvantaged, the NTA has established a network of more than 4,000 Test Practice Centres (TPCs) to acquaintance aspirants, especially those from rural areas, with computer-based tests (CBTs).
Students across the country can register themselves online at the NTA Website or the NTA students’ app for visiting the TPCs, he said, adding all these services are provided to the students’ free-of-cost. More than one lakh students have registered at these TPCs and over one crore students have benefited from these app and web services, he added.
The vision of NTA is to make sure that the right candidates are joining the best institutions that would give the country, her demographic dividend. The Mission of NTA is to improve equality and quality in education by administering research-based valid, reliable, efficient, transparent, fair and international level assessments. The best subject matter experts, psychometricians and IT delivery and security professionals will ensure that the current gaps in existing assessment systems are properly identified and bridged.
- The NTA will create a system which will promote teaching (by teachers), learning (by students) and assessment (by parents and institutions).
- NTA strongly believes in quality, efficiency, effectiveness, equity and security of assessments
- To practice these values, NTA will constantly engage with its stakeholders, viz. students, parents, teachers, experts and partner institutions
- To hold efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern techniques
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise
- To collaborate with international organizations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations
More information on NEET UG 2019