NTA study material for JEE Main, NEET UG preparation
The expert lectures for JEE Main and NEET UG to prepare candidates for the examination has been uploaded at the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA), nta.ac.in. The IIT professionals and subject experts have created these videos, which are available for subjects such as physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology, said a TOI report. The study material will be a shot in the arm for the candidates who are preparing for the entrance examination, in addition to helping them with their upcoming Board examinations, noted the report. These lectures are purely for the comprehension about the concepts an as it is there is no assurance that the questions would be framed from these lectures.
In the meanwhile, the student registration facility for Test Practice Centre (TPC) has been commenced from September 1-6, 2018 (first weekend of September) on nta.ac.in. The NTA Student App can be downloaded from the Play Store. The subsequent registration started on September 10 at 11.00 AM in the following weekend. The TPCs are operative from September 8, 2018 on all Saturdays and Sundays. The slot for Saturday is from 14.30 to 17.30 hours and two slots of Sunday are from 11.00 to 14.00 hours and 14.30 to 17.30 hours. The final selection process of TPCs is done automatically based on the population of students in that area, according to the report. The final list of operative TPCs is available on nta.ac.in.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. To assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error free delivery and to test marking.
The vision of NTA is that the right candidates joining best institutions will give India her demographic dividend. Its mission is to improve equity and quality in education by administering research based valid, reliable, efficient, transparent, fair and international level assessments. The best subject matter experts, psychometricians and IT delivery and security professionals will ensure that the current gaps in existing assessment systems are properly identified and bridged.
The NTA will create a system which will promote teaching (by teachers), learning (by students) and assessment (by parents and institutions).NTA strongly believes in quality, efficiency, effectiveness, equity and security of assessments. To practice these values, NTA will constantly engage with its stakeholders, viz. students, parents, teachers, experts and partner institutions.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission, and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern technique
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To ensure quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise. To collaborate with international organisations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To conduct the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations
NTA will have a team of education administrators, experts, researchers and assessment developers who believe that scientifically designed and properly delivered assessments can improve teaching-learning processes in Indian classrooms. Students coming out of these processes will immensely contribute to the wellbeing of our country. These assessments will also promote equity and will ensure that merit and not the means prevail in selections. The success of all works of NTA shall be evaluated by their being able to achieve the above purpose. NTA will emphasise on updating its practices by constant innovation in assessment. The organisation will give significant emphasis to research in the evaluation and use that research to update its assessment practices.
Core Team Members
- Test Item Writers
- Researchers and Psychometricians
- Education Specialists
Researchers and Psychometricians
NTA has six operational verticals about various examinations. Every vertical will employ about six researchers including internationally known experts of psychometrics and statistics.
The group of researchers will be responsible for the following:
- Research and analysis of data to support the examinations they are entrusted with
- Ideate for future assessment practice
- Establish good assessment practices and influence policy at the national level
The group of psychometricians and statisticians will be responsible for the following:
- Reliability of the test in different versions to be used
- The validity of the test by showing that the test measures the knowledge or skills that it is intended to measure
- Fairness of the test by ensuring that no group of students is either advantaged or disadvantaged due to the medium of examination or content of the questions
- Equating multiple tests that will be done during a year so that these tests become comparable
- NTA will set professional standards for assessments in the country, research on education and professional development.
- Since India is a hugely diverse country, NTA will effectively liaise with various state governments, universities, state education boards, UGC, AIU, NCTE, NCERT, CBSE, CISCE, NIOS etc. to understand student’s abilities and higher education institution’s requirements
- NTA will create a pool of highly professional subject matter experts who will be trained by the psychometricians and statisticians
- These subject matter experts will write items for NTA and using software/ artificial intelligence; the NTA will create tests
- Initially, the tests of NTA will come under the following categories:
- JEE (Main)
- NEET – UG
Assessment for Fellowship
- UGC – NET
- In future, NTA will also undertake other tests to measure specific population’s content, knowledge and skills.
Education Policy Specialists
- NTA will have a massive repository of data of student performance, with various other demographic parameters across subject areas
- NTA will analyse this data to inform the policymakers about the corrective measures required for improving teaching and learning
NTA will, among other things, report on:
- in-depth analysis of educational achievement across States and achievement gap
- Teacher quality and certification
- Time series comparison of performance across states
- Inputs on student and teacher training needs
- Educational reform