NTA to release second JEE Main Admit Card on March 20
JEE Main Admit Card – The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the Admit Cards for the second JEE (Main) on its official websites, ntc.ac.in or jeemain.nic.in, NDTV reported. Those candidates who had registered for the examination will be able to download the Admit Card online today as and when the same is uploaded. Candidates are advised to check the websites periodically. The second JEE (Main) examination will be held from April 8-10 and April 12, 2019 (Paper 1 B.Tech examination), while the Paper 2 (BArch Examination) will be conducted on April 7.
The first JEE Main examination was conducted as early as January this year and the best scores obtained from both the first and second JEE Main examinations will determine the criteria for admission. Meanwhile, the examination date of JEE (Advanced) has been referred to the Lok Sabha elections. The examination, to be taken by the JEE (Main) qualifiers, will now be held on May 27 instead of May 19, noted the report. The cut off marks for the eligibility of JEE (Advanced) will be released after the results of second JEE (Main).
While scores of JEE (advanced) will be considered for admission to undergraduate courses in IITs, the best scores of JEE (Main) will be calculated for admission to the NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes. For the JEE (Main), NTA will announce the result of paper 1 on April 30, 2019, said the report. The results for the B.Arch. the examination will be announced on May 15, added the report.
The NTA has been formed as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organisation to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. To assess the competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research-based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error-free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bringing them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using modern techniques
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise
- To collaborate with international organizations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations