NTA UGC NET 2019 registration being on March 1, 2019
NTA UGC NET 2019 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to start the online application process for the UGC NET 2019 June examination from today. Interested and eligible candidates can apply through the official website- ntanet.nic.in, before March 30, 2019. This year also, UGC NET 2019 will be conducted by NTA for the second time on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Steps to apply for NTA UGC NET 2019
- Candidate should visit the official website, ntanet.nic.in
- On the NTA UGC NET home page, click on the link ‘UGC NET 2019 June registration’
- A separate page will open
- Candidate should fill in personal details and register if already registered, just log in with the credentials, if new you need to register
- Log-in using the newly created registration number
- Follow the 3-step method. Fill the form, upload images, download and make payment.
Other instructions for NTA UGC NET 2019
- Candidates can apply for UGC-NET June 2019 “Online” only.
- Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website – www.ntanet.nic.in.
- The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate
- Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online
- Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA
- through e-mail on an e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only
Instructions for filling Online Application Form
Follow the 4 steps given below to Apply Online
Step-1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No. (Please see Annexure – VIII)
Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and
Candidate’s Signature (between 4kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-3: Make payment of fee using SBI/HDFC/Syndicate/ICICI Payment Gateway and keep proof of fee paid.
Step-4: Print at least four copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.
Paper pattern for NTA UGC NET Exam 2019
Mode of Examination: The Examination shall be conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT) only. Wherever Online Examination has been used elsewhere in this booklet, it means CBT
There has been no change in the exam pattern and like previous UGC NET exam session; this time also there will be two papers.
- Paper, I will test teaching and research aptitude
- Paper II will test subject-specific knowledge
Important Dates and information for NTA UGC NET Exam 2019
|FEE DETAILS AND IMPORTANT DATES – NTA UGC NET June 2019|
|1||Online submission of Application Form (up to 11:50 pm on 30 March 2019)||01–30 March 2019|
|2||Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-
Banking up to 11:50 pm (through e-challan to bank hours) of 01 April,
|3||Fee Payable by
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)-
(NCL)*/Economically Weaker Section (EWS)**
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 200/-|
|4||Correction in particulars of Application Form on the website only||07-14 April 2019|
|5||Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||15-May-19|
|6||Dates of Examination||20, 21 June, 24, 25,
26, 27, 28 June,
|7||Duration of Examination||180 minutes (03
No break between
Paper 1 & Paper 2
|8||Timing of Examination||First Shift: 9.30 am
to 12.30 pm
|Second Shift: 02.30
pm to 05.30 pm
|9||Centre, Date and Shift of UGC-NET Examination||As indicated on
|10||Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys||To be announced
|12||Declaration of Result on NTA website||by 15 July 2019|
Admit card for UGC NET 2019
The admit cards will be ready for download from May 15, 2019. The exam will be conducted in multiple sessions on June 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28.
About UGC NET exam
UGC NET exam which is conducted to determine a candidate’s eligibility for Assistant Professor and/or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) was handed over to NTA by CBSE. The UGC NET exam conducted in December 2018 was the first NET exam conducted by NTA.