Online admission process of PUCET 2019 begins at Patna University
PUCET 2019 – The Patna University has begun its online application procedure for both Undergraduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) courses. The University holds a Common Entrance Test (known as PUCET) for various UG and PG courses.
- The admission procedure is also for the regular/self-Financing PG, UG, P.G. Diploma and Certificate programs in the different units of the varsity
- The last date to apply for PUCET 2019 is May 15, 2019
- The Patna University admission registration process can be done on these websites; online.co.in and patnauniversity.ac.in
- The candidates who are planning to appear for PUCET may apply for admission on official websites.
- These candidates should provide the mark sheet of the previous result before the final selection list failing which the student will not be considered for the evaluation
- Previous year mark sheet is necessary for students appearing for such courses
- The print copy of the duly filled in PUCET form, which should be complete in all respect along with the self-attested copies of the academic records and other relevant documents, will be accepted in the respective Department / College / Institutes concerned separately by the speed post
- The applicants must have their own email Id and mobile number for registration and future communications
- Before the payment, candidates must ensure that the information filled in the PUCET form is correct and complete
- After making payment no change is possible in the filled application form
Patna University was established in the year 1917 and it functioned as affiliating and examining body for over 30 years. On January 2, 1952 it was converted into a purely teaching -cum-residential University with the territorial jurisdiction over Metropolitan Patna. It is one of the oldest Universities in the Country. In Bihar, it is the first, and in the subcontinent, it is the seventh oldest University. The University buildings are located on the bank of River Ganges and in the second Campus i.e. Saidpur Campus.
The Patna University has 31 postgraduate departments in the faculties of Science, Social Sciences, Humanities, Education, Commerce, Law and ten constituent colleges, apart from Patna Medical College and Patna Dental College in the Faculty of Medicine whose management and control are with the State Government. There are four Institutes maintained by the University e.g. Institute of Psychological Research and Services, Institute of Public Administration, Institute of Music, and Institute of Library and Information Science. College of Arts and Crafts is fully devoted to the course of fine arts and has been imparting teaching in painting, sculptures etc. A Faculty of Fine Arts has also been started and is located on the campus of the College of Arts & Crafts. Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) is a separate unit catering to the needs of a large number of students who are unable to get admission as regular students in Colleges or are in service in some institutions. The University is eager to start e-learning.
The University is also running the Master of Business Administration Course in the Department of Applied Economics and Commerce, the Department of Personnel Management and Industrial Relation is having post-graduate Diploma courses in Industrial Safety Management and Rural Management and Welfare Administration. These are self-financed courses.