Online application of IISc and IAS Fellowship 2019 opens
Online application of IISc and IAS Fellowship 2019 opens while the last date is April 20
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the Indian Academy of Science (IAS), Bangalore have jointly invited applications for the ‘summer fellowship in science and engineering 2019’. Interested candidates can apply at the official website, iisc.ac.in. The application process has already begun and the last date to apply is April 20, 2019, said the IE report.
Selected candidates will work with one of the faculty members of IISc and learn various techniques used in research. It will be for the duration of one month. The fellowship is for SC, ST students. Candidates will be selected based on their application form and education certificates noted the report.
The applicants will have to submit the form with the latest passport size coloured photograph with study certificate, both duly signed by the principal of the college. The signed application has to be scanned into PDF or Jpg format and uploaded to the website.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category and pursuing an MSc in Biological, Physical, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences or third or fourth year BE/BTech or equivalent degree in all disciplines during the academic year 2018-19
- Those who are in the first year MSc and third year B E/B Tech will be given preference
Steps to apply
- Visit the official website, iisc.ac.in
- Click on ‘Indian Institute of Science and Indian Academy sciences, …’ under ‘Achievements’ section
- Click on ‘click here’ link
- Read the instructions carefully, click on ‘online application’ link at the end
- Fill the form, upload images
- Candidates will get travel allowance, free boarding and a stipend of Rs 5000 along with a book grant of Rs 1500
Set up in 1909, IISc is India’s leading institution of advanced education and research in the sciences and in engineering. From its beginnings, IISc has laid equal emphasis on fundamental investigations and the solution of practical problems in such a setting. IISc’s reputation and pre-eminence ensure that it attracts the best of young faculty members trained in the best laboratories around the world. Our faculty, numbering around 500, carries out research across 42 departments in most areas of the basic and applied sciences, publishing vigorously in premier journals.
- IISc aims to be among the world’s foremost academic institutions through the pursuit of excellence in research and promotion of innovation by offering a world-class education to train future leaders in science and technology and by applying science and technology breakthroughs for India’s wealth creation and social welfare
- Imparting world-class higher education in an environment of fundamental and applied research in science and engineering
- Conducting high-impact research, generating new knowledge, and disseminating this knowledge through publications in top journals and conferences
- Applying faculty expertise towards the success of national science and technology initiatives
- Applying deep knowledge in various areas to create know-how and developing such knowhow for utilisation by industry and society