Online application process of TS LAWCET 2019 begins from March 15
TS LAWCET 2019 – The Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) has begun the application process for the Common Entrance Tests for Law (LAWCET), according to IE report. The candidates can apply online till April 15, 2019. The entrance examination will be held on May 26, 2019. The paper will be of 90 minutes duration and the questions will be of both English and Telugu medium, noted the report.
- Three year LLB: The candidates need to clear the senior secondary examination (10+2) with a minimum of 45 per cent in aggregate, 40 per cent for SC/ST
- Five year LLB: The candidates need to hold Bachelor’s degree with minimum 45% in aggregate for General Category, 40% for SC/ ST candidates
- Three year LLB: The upper age limit of the candidates should not exceed 20 years as on December 31, 2019. The reserve category candidates will get age relaxation as per the official notification
- Five year LLB: The candidates’ upper age limit should not cross 30 years as on December 31, 2019
- For reserve categories, the candidates will get age relaxation as per the official notification
- The general category candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs 350, while Rs 250 for reserved category candidates belonging to SC/ ST
- Commencement of online application: March 15
- The last date to apply online: April 15
- Hall Ticket/ Admit Card: May 17
- Examination: May 26
- Tentative date of declaration of final results: June 2, 2019.
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply online through the official website the tsche.ac.in
- The last date to apply online is April 15, 2019
The Faculty of Law, Osmania University has a glorious history of more than 100 years. In 1942, LL.M. course was introduced with Comparative Jurisprudence and Comparative Constitutional Law as compulsory subjects with an option to choose either International Law or Conflict of Laws and Muslim Law or Hindu Law.
In view of heavy demand for admission to Law course, the Law Department of the Arts College has been elevated into a full-fledged Law College in the year 1950 and shifted to Saifabad Science College in the city. The Law College used to function in the evening from 6.00 to 8.30 p.m. and the medium of instruction was changed to English. In 1954 the college was shifted from Saifabad Science College to Chadarghat College building situated at Tilak Road, Hyderabad. Due to lack of accommodation, a morning session in 1956 was started in the same building for the convenience of the students.
In 1958 University Grants Commission sanctioned Rs.8 lakhs for constructing Law College Building. Law College Building was constructed in the Campus and Morning session of the Law College was shifted to the new Building.
The college has produced many luminaries in different fields. There have been several Judges of the Supreme Court and various High Courts, Chief Ministers and Ministers, Civil Servants, Governors, Speakers and Ambassadors and leading Lawyers among the alumni of this institution. This college has the distinction of being rated as one of the top ten law colleges in the entire country for many years.